Teen’s death tragedy finally to be probed
An inquest was set at last to resume into the death of a Wigan student today - almost three years after the tragedy.
Shahida Shahid died after suffering an apparent allergic reaction to a meal she had just eaten.
The 18-year-old, who attended Winstanley College, lost her fight for life in hospital on January 12 2015: three days after collapsing outside a restaurant in Manchester city centre.
Shahida had been out for a meal with friends at Almost Famous at The Great Northern prior to her being taken ill.
Police and environmental health experts launched a joint investigation which ended some... read more
- 12:53 Witness appeal launched after Lancaster collision
- 12:52 Man rushed to hospital with serious head injury after assault...
- 12:52 Ornate observatory commissioned by King George III hits the rental...
- 12:52 YP Letters: I voted to remain, but EU’s attitude has changed my mind
- 12:52 YP Letters: SNP’s lack of respect for Parliament
- 12:51 England legend Alan Shearer gives Harry Kane ONE tip after Tunisia...
- 12:51 FIRE UPDATE: Abington Street fire currently treated as 'unexplained'
- 12:50 Why is Donald Trump threatening more tariffs – and what next?
- 12:49 Co-founder of Chorley Women’s Centre Betty Swancott left great legacy
- 12:49 New pictures reveal designs for Botany Bay canal mill
- 12:49 Restaurant races up award ladder arriving at number six in the country
- 12:49 Extended Metro services for the Great Exhibtion of the North
- 12:49 Shares in retirement housebuilder McCarthy & Stone slide after it...
- 12:48 YP Letters: Tour can celebrate all corners of Yorkshire
- 12:48 Coronation Street and Emmerdale fans fuming as soaps cancelled for...
- 12:48 Emmerdale star jokes he 'still has a job' after revealing Amelia...
- 12:48 Leave voters want Brexit even if it breaks up UK
- 12:47 REVIEW: A doughlicious meal at Warwick’s Dough and Brew
- 12:47 Titanic postcard with haunting message written by maid goes up for...
- 12:47 Historic 7ft claymore sword stolen from tiny Scottish island
- 12:47 Top referee Bobby Madden given extra time by court to avoid...
- 12:46 Extended Metro services for the Great Exhibtion of the North
- 12:46 Ineos loses fracking 'ban' challenge
- 12:46 Barnier: UK will lose access to EU security databases after Brexit
- 12:45 Clitheroe school kids clean-up crusade
- 12:44 Pure Gym boss calls for VAT-free memberships
- 12:44 West Brom readying bid in shock summer transfer - reports
- 12:44 Armstrong Watson's Karen Thompson and Suzanne Gallagher selected...
- 12:44 E.ON to raise cost of standard variable tariff by average 4.8 per cent
- 12:44 Italian populist Salvini sparks row over counting Roma