Technology firm Laird loses almost half of its value after becoming latest victim of global slowdown in smartphone sales
Technology firm Laird lost almost half of its value yesterday when it became the latest victim of the global slowdown in smartphone sales.
The sell-off was sparked by a surprise profit warning and marked the worst single-day drop in the FTSE 250 firm’s history, wiping more than £420m from its stock market value.
Laird said it was ‘very disappointed’ by the performance in its mobile phone component division and expected full-year profits to be about £50m – well below the analyst consensus of about £75.5m.
The company, which dates back to 1824 and has reinvented itself from a shipbuilder to a... read more
- 10:09 Wimbledon: The 10 greatest tantrums in the tennis game’s history
- 10:09 Mail reporter Beth Pridding went to give blood for the first time...
- 10:08 Starbucks customer says coffee made him ‘poop’ 11 times
- 10:08 What you need to know for this weekend's Forest Live concerts at...
- 10:07 Stand up for the ‘Big Comedy Weekend!’
- 10:07 Man arrested for aggressive behaviour on busy Sheffield street
- 10:07 Pair jailed for a combined 44 years over Cramlington murder
- 10:07 Big Brother 2017: Chanelle and Isabelle rub BARE BREASTS on other...
- 10:07 Bargain Hunt coming to British Motor Museum in Gaydon
- 10:07 Elderly couple threatened by masked raiders in Dronfield
- 10:06 Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma becomes transfer target for Crystal Palace
- 10:06 Crumbling Italian banks could 'have led to COLLAPSE of Italy' – and...
- 10:06 'Pushing the EU apart!' Angela Merkel attacked by her own coalition...
- 10:06 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:06 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:05 Three motorcross bikes stolen from garage in Barrow
- 10:05 Belhaven owner Greene King cheers rise in profits
- 10:05 Councillors urge Leicester mayor to use unspent cash to help city's...
- 10:05 Princess Cruises set to expand its Ocean Medallion Class fleet
- 10:04 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:04 Rock for BARK
- 10:04 Aspirin dose can 'slash the risk of potentially fatal condition...
- 10:04 Mountain rescue team help man missing in rural spot
- 10:03 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:03 NHS comments after Derbyshire doctor takes her own life
- 10:02 Exclusive: Louth area victim of brutal attack is at ‘breaking...
- 10:02 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:02 Urgent appeal after thugs try to force their way into north...
- 10:02 Horncastle woman pleads not guilty to child abduction
- 10:02 Health chiefs: More services are returning to West Cumberland Hospital