Tech 'unicorn' growth fund will be launched post Brexit, to aid startups worth more than £760M
A fund to pump cash into the most promising tech companies after Brexit could be set up by the Government.
The money would help finance a generation of so-called ‘unicorns’, companies worth more than $1bn (£760m), the Treasury said yesterday.
It is part of moves to ensure venture capital keeps flowing into Britain’s tech sector after the country quits the European Union following last year’s vote.
Industry figures say there is no shortage of talent but companies here often find it much harder to raise investment capital for expansions when compared to their rivals in the US.
In a bid to... read more
- 15:13 Glasgow 18 Leinster 34: Warriors’ European hopes end overpowered by...
- 15:13 The Resistance Now: Democrats divided over party shakeup
- 15:12 Vital repairs to bog continuing in second phase
- 15:12 Chatton firm is featured in new Parliamentary Review
- 15:11 GALLERY: Oh baby, see these cute tots splash for cash
- 15:11 All about Autumn: This week's must-have clothes for cold weather
- 15:10 Police remind drivers to get insured as crackdown looks set to get...
- 15:09 Marshalls boosts earnings with £38m acquisition
- 15:08 Rangers have window of opportunity at Hampden but it could easily...
- 15:07 Pupils’ walk aids charities
- 15:07 Fire broke out under floor of Calderdale home
- 15:07 What Brummies are saying about new Scientology HQ in our city
- 15:07 Man quizzed by police after Everton fan holding child 'threw...
- 15:07 Nuneaton car stop leads to heroin seizure
- 15:06 Pupils’ walk aids charities
- 15:06 Windsurfer rescued after going out to sea at height of Storm Brian
- 15:03 Chelsea vs Watford: Michy Batshuayi set target by Redknapp after...
- 15:03 Police appeal for witnesses after 37-year-old dies in horror crash...
- 15:02 Christmas Jumper Day 2017 - when is it and where can I get the best...
- 15:02 Arsenal injury boost as three star men snapped back in training...
- 15:02 West Ham prioritise Wagner and Pellegrini to replace Bilic amid...
- 15:00 Ring of Fire latest: communities living in fear after latest...
- 14:59 Storm Brian prompts Nuneaton market cancellation
- 14:59 Paw Patrol soap pulled from shops after can ‘explodes’ leaving boy,...
- 14:58 Military cadets killed in Kabul minibus suicide bombing
- 14:58 Sneak peek inside luxury £330,000 penthouse on Brayford Wharf
- 14:58 Derbyshire man goes viral after giving shoes to homeless man
- 14:57 Two males arrested after Barrow takeaway raided
- 14:57 Chelsea news: Antonio Rudiger slammed by Alan Pardew as Blues beat...
- 14:57 Lionel Messi in Barcelona row: Ernesto Valverde had key summer...