Teacher admits possessing indecent images of children
A religious studies teacher from Northampton has pleaded guilty to a string of sexual offences after officers raided his home and seized devices containing indecent images of children.
Philip Allen, who has since been fired from his job at Shenley Brook School, is a prominent figure in religious education nationally and has written frequently for the Times Educational Supplement.
But today the 48-year-old, of Potterspury, appeared at Northampton Magistrates’ Court to plead guilty to six charges of making indecent images of children and a charge of possessing prohibited images.
As part of... read more
- 16:35 Update: Two further arrests made in connection to Dalton axe assault
- 16:35 Sellafield firefighters vote for industrial action
- 16:35 Ulverston town councillor steps down due to 'too much politics'
- 16:34 Pupils and staff mark 50th anniversary of Princethorpe College
- 16:33 London Pride Parade 2017: Route, start and finish time, bus route...
- 16:33 Facebook to tackle online extremism and hate speech in new initiative
- 16:33 Man jailed after trying to import child-like sex doll into UK...
- 16:33 Europe faces Herculean challenge to develop new fighter jet
- 16:33 ‘He was my life’ - widow tributes to the ‘Cleveleys Cowboy’
- 16:32 Rangers and Celtic supporters clash over new Ibrox kit deal and...
- 16:32 Has hot newcomer Tyla turned Kem's attention away from Amber?
- 16:32 Sicily's cornered Mafia primed for reversal of fortune
- 16:32 Dean Gaffney gets road ban for refusing to say who drove his...
- 16:31 'I saw the fear in my mum's eyes': Daughter joins campaign for...
- 16:31 TrumpWatch: It’s all over for Ossoff
- 16:31 Cumbrian volunteers sought for migraine device trial
- 16:31 Plan for 22 homes in West Cumbrian village set to get go-ahead
- 16:31 Asda swimming costume showing Disney's Little Mermaid topless is...
- 16:30 Police appeal to find registered sex offender wanted in connection...
- 16:29 The Tube is getting a fabulous Pride make over to support...
- 16:28 Appeal for witnesses after unprovoked assault in Leamington
- 16:27 Trump casts doubt on special counsel Mueller's impartiality
- 16:27 Bootle man defends himself with umbrella after being attacked by...
- 16:27 Cladding to be removed from NINE Salford tower blocks after...
- 16:27 VIDEO: Everything you need to know about Snapchat's new location...
- 16:27 No end to terror threat says county's chief constable
- 16:26 If EU shirks bad bank, then national blueprints needed, watchdog says
- 16:27 CCTV picture released after alleged Rotherham sexual assault
- 16:26 EU promises tough line on U.S., China while pushing for free trade
- 16:26 UK weather: Temperatures to plummet as Britain will be colder than...