Taxi firm apologise after refusing to take mum and her disabled toddler to hospital
A taxi firm has apologised after a driver refused to take a mum and her disabled son to hospital.
Joanne Nield, booked a taxi from Metro Radio Cabs to take her and her two-year-old son, who has cerebral palsy, to an appointment at Alder Hey Hospital.
However the mum claims that when the taxi arrived the driver refused to make the journey from Spencer Street, in Bootle - because “there is a train strike on”.
The 35-year-old said: “I use the taxi company all the time, sometimes as much as a couple of times a day.
“I ordered a taxi for 7.50am, so it would give us plenty of time to get to his... read more
- 13:45 Birmingham set for mini-heatwave as temperatures soar to 27C next week
- 13:45 Barber ‘bullies boy on Facebook for complaining about Dumb and...
- 13:45 Linton Bridge reopens to traffic after closurer
- 13:45 Chilling video shows toddler scaling ‘unclimbable’ swimming pool...
- 13:44 There's better news on the jobs front for Coventry and Warwickshire
- 13:44 Get the barbecue out - Mediterranean plume to sweep Britain
- 13:44 Crimes which shook Leicestershire - and some remain unsolved
- 13:42 Óscar Tabárez: unbowed by illness and adding beauty to Uruguay’s grit
- 13:41 Blood-sucking flies to toxic caterpillars: the insects set to swarm...
- 13:41 'Near miss' road incident sees Ashby farm's illegal business...
- 13:39 Edible coating allows avocados to stay ripe for twice as long
- 13:39 Government will review ban on cannabis for medicinal use
- 13:39 Paul Williams MP: ‘We need to transfer power from hospitals to GPs’
- 13:38 Medicinal cannabis use to be reviewed by government
- 13:38 'County will rise above gloomy predictions'
- 13:38 Subway aims for 75 new outlets in North West
- 13:37 Linton Bridge reopens to traffic after closurer
- 13:36 Siblings in six-month challenge after dad's cancer diagnosis
- 13:35 Wave of support for school's ban on parents wearing pyjamas
- 13:35 Super League side Hull Kingston Rovers team up with Coventry Bears
- 13:35 Former Coventry City goalkeeper signs up at League One rivals
- 13:35 When are Coventry City's 2018-19 League One fixtures announced?
- 13:35 When does the transfer window close in summer 2018 - all you need...
- 13:32 Mum accused of biting woman's finger off in garden fight says trial...
- 13:32 Secret to happiness is to live in a big city like London or New York
- 13:31 Burton Albion's record on the opening day as EFL fixture release...
- 13:30 'Commie cadet' who wore Che Guevara T-shirt kicked out of US army
- 13:29 Green giant: can Glasgow's new School of Art eclipse Mackintosh's...
- 13:27 Daunting start for Hoppers in National League
- 13:27 Leeds ‘UFO’ likened to Death Star makes national headlines