Taxi drivers plan go-slow protest for Wolverhampton rush hour
Wolverhampton Private Hire Drivers Association, which has 600 members, has notified the council of its intention to carry out the action during rush hour on Thursday.
Councillor Alan Bolshaw, chairman of the city council’s licensing committee has branded the action unnecessary and irresponsible, accusing driver representatives of refusing to enter into meaningful dialogue with the authority.
He said: “We want to make the public aware that the private hire driver representatives are threatening to cause this disruption.
"People need to be kept informed and as far as we are aware... read more
- 09:49 Two men stabbed in Harrogate - police linking attacks
- 09:48 Two lanes closed on M1
- 09:48 Lorry crash closes lanes on M1
- 09:46 England goalkeeper Joe Hart robbed of phone and wallet by moped gang
- 09:46 Yates pub chain agency ‘used good-looking only policy when hiring...
- 09:45 Birmingham Airport charges third highest parking fee for collecting...
- 09:45 This is exactly how Storm Brian will affect Birmingham after yellow...
- 09:44 Former soldier Colin fights a new battle for the charity that saved...
- 09:44 Two men stabbed in Harrogate - police linking attacks
- 09:40 Down Memory Lane - 1990 in pictures
- 09:40 Pet lovers celebrate as Melton is named the UK’s most dog-friendly...
- 09:39 'Anyone would think Wolves had won the Premier League' - Steve...
- 09:38 Case brought by Lloyds shareholders is ‘fundamentally flawed’
- 09:38 Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard fires agent after former client...
- 09:38 Sowerby Bridge's Dama Cheese shines light on UK start-ups
- 09:38 Aldi to release chocolate wine for Christmas
- 09:38 Joel Campbell keen to leave Arsenal by making Real Betis...
- 09:37 Aldi to release chocolate wine for Christmas
- 09:37 BREAKING NEWS: Derbyshire road closed by 'police incident'
- 09:35 Arsenal news: Mesut Ozil hates Manchester United links - he wants...
- 09:35 Warwickshire Police Detective Sergeant receives Queen’s Police Medal
- 09:33 Call to check oil tanks ahead of winter
- 09:33 Prestigious regional award for sewer project in town
- 09:33 Kirkby pensioner 'killed by blunt force trauma to the head'
- 09:32 Thugs, thieves, drunks and drugs - who's been convicted in Derby's...
- 09:32 BREAKING NEWS: Derbyshire road closed by 'police incident'
- 09:32 Charity festive card shop to be officially opened today
- 09:32 Rolling out the red carpet for children at film festival
- 09:30 ‘Several injured’ after knifeman launches attack in Munich
- 09:28 Captain Darren O’Dea declares that Dundee are in “good place” after...