Tax credit: What you can claim and how they're changing
Tax credits were one of the big stories of last year, with an unprecedented House of Lords rebellion prompting a humiliating climbdown for then chancellor George Osborne.
But there are still big changes happening for the in-work benefits system. Here's everything you need to know.
What are tax credits? They're a benefit paid to people in low-paid work. The government tops up wages for those earning below a certain threshold, with more money
See related Tax credit staff 'deal with suicidal callers every day' available for people on higher incomes if they have children or are disabled.
Tax... read more
- 14:08 Ripper, bubbler and hyphy: The top slang words in each US state...
- 14:08 Ryanair may change its luggage policy AGAIN because too many...
- 14:07 New roles for Dowson and Dickens as Saints confirm coaching structure
- 14:07 Detectives still working to establish motive for murder of teenager...
- 14:05 Burnley and Pendle estate agents granted council accreditation
- 14:05 Emilia Clarke's bizarre impact on baby names
- 14:04 Missing Workington man has been found
- 14:04 Met Office forecast Lincolnshire to be hotter and sunnier than...
- 14:03 BMW cars found to contain more than a dozen flaws
- 14:03 Terror suspect encouraged lone wolf attackers to 'target Prince...
- 14:02 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 14:02 Prime Minister's Questions: The key bits and the verdict
- 14:02 College announces its new principal
- 14:01 Pontefract and Castleford junior football supplement out this week
- 13:59 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 13:58 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 13:58 R Kelly responds to #MuteRKelly campaign: 'It's too late'
- 13:58 Send us your questions for Arundhati Roy…
- 13:57 US employee suffers brain injury in China after 'abnormal sounds'
- 13:57 Dom Bess handed England debut for first Pakistan Test at Lord’s
- 13:57 Ian Wright has already changed his mind over new Arsenal manager...
- 13:57 Works to improve access and facilities
- 13:56 Met Office forecast Lincolnshire to be hotter and sunnier than...
- 13:56 Paraguay tribe joins search for missing Austrian tourist
- 13:54 Can I keep a dog in a flat?
- 13:51 Sunshine on Leith to be released on limited edition green vinyl
- 13:50 West Ham news: Club bigwigs should have snapped up an English boss...
- 13:50 Motionhouse dance company is now rehearsing at Vitsoe’s new...
- 13:49 Dementia-friendly pub The Tap Room opens doors at Worksop care home
- 13:49 Will Meghan Markle be queen... or US president?