Tattoo ink contains cancer-causing chemicals – so why isn't it regulated?
Americans love tattoos. Nearly a quarter of them have gotten inked, compared with 12% in Europe. The personal expression that is skin deep is particularly popular with young people: 40% of American teenagers sport tattoos. Women are also more likely than men to get one.
Yet very little is known about the effects of modern day tattoo ink on the human body. The lack of research and data is worrisome because some of the key ingredients are known to make people sick or die. It also makes it difficult to regulate them.
A recent report from the European Commission warns that tattoo ink often... read more
- 03:41 America’s Got Talent: Ventriloquist Darci Lynne Farmer voices two...
- 03:37 Game of Thrones spin-off: George RR Martin CONFIRMS a FIFTH prequel...
- 03:34 Sri Lankan baby farms: Minister admits illegal adoption trade
- 03:31 Brexit 'crunch time' for City of London, says group
- 03:31 Google signs $1.1bn HTC smartphone deal
- 03:22 Theresa May to brief cabinet on Florence Brexit speech
- 02:55 BREAKING: Huge 5.7 magnitude earthquake strikes off Indonesia coast
- 02:17 House of Lords rejects 'flawed' expenses report
- 01:59 PGA Tour: Marc Leishman taking inspiration from Greg Norman after...
- 01:44 Boy, 17, arrested over Tube attack
- 01:38 Still Game's Isa on life as a 'sandwich carer'
- 01:38 'Dwarfism always seems to be the butt of jokes'
- 01:38 Baby names: The stories behind what you are called
- 01:33 How companies' poor customer service has led to boycotts
- 01:32 England and Australia both have weaknesses ahead of the Ashes, says...
- 01:12 Paul Lawrie relives 1999 Carnoustie Open win with original putter...
- 01:09 James Herbert death: Watchdog makes police restraint recommendations
- 00:58 Ronaldinho scores incredible solo goal as Brazilian legend...
- 00:58 Chronic fatigue therapy 'could help teenagers', study says
- 00:58 Nine in 10 GPs rated good or outstanding
- 00:58 Quit smoking campaign Stoptober backs e-cigs for first time
- 00:56 Celtic savour a Dens Park stroll but former Hoops striker Craig...
- 00:51 Giselle by Akram Khan is STAGGERINGLY beautiful: You MUST see this...
- 00:48 REVIEW: Annie at the Carnegie Theatre, Workington
- 00:48 Hull named as most enterprising place in Britain
- 00:44 Coleen Rooney ‘sick of Wayne’s immaturity’ and hopes community...
- 00:44 This is now the average price for a pint of bitter in UK
- 00:44 Coronation Street villain is on his way to Birmingham to star in...
- 00:40 Hamburg 0-3 Borussia Dortmund: Peter Bosz's side move top of the...
- 00:40 Tottenham and West Ham to liaise with Metropolitan Police after...