Taste Cumbria's £1.7m boost for the local economy
THE Taste Cumbria food festival in Cockermouth boosted the local economy by £1.7m, research shows.
The festival last weekend, run by cnevents, attracted around 40,000 visitors. The return on investment is calculated as £21.34 for each £1 invested, providing a boost to the local economy of just over £1.7m.
This year's event included a producer’s market with 100 traders, a beer festival, a pop-up restaurant with Michelin-starred chef Simon Rogan – who this week was named AA Chef of the Year – and a host of expert demonstrations and masterclasses.
It began last Friday with a beer festival at... read more
- 01:01 Eddie Howe delighted to see his strikers starting to score after...
- 01:00 International visits to US fall
- 00:57 Pokemon Go NEWS: Niantic update adds FREE item that TRANSFORMS your...
- 00:57 Young people 'face debt epidemic'
- 00:53 Quarter of 14-year-old girls 'have signs of depression'
- 00:53 Bristol City fans help Shrewsbury edge closer to funding...
- 00:53 Manchester City's squad laugh and joke in light-hearted training...
- 00:48 Trump's first UN speech met with criticism from some leaders
- 00:47 Neolithic Orkney rivalries detailed in new study
- 00:47 Experts gather for Europe's first dark sky conference
- 00:44 Life-extending lung cancer drug approved
- 00:43 Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha insists he will have no problem playing...
- 00:43 Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is battle-hardened after 'tough...
- 00:35 Lawrie returns to the scene of his victory with his original weapons
- 00:30 Emmerdale spoilers: Gillian Kearney teases explosive details on...
- 00:23 Jurgen Klopp reacts to Liverpool's Carabao Cup exit at Leicester
- 00:22 10 university flashpoints over free speech
- 00:22 The Italians who prefer to drink American coffee
- 00:22 Smartphone sales boom with over-55s
- 00:22 Manchester police still relies on Windows XP
- 00:21 'Racist' Paddy Power advert for Mayweather v McGregor superfight...
- 00:20 Rail staff set for biggest strike since sell-off
- 00:20 Should I buy a diesel car? Debate on fuel CONFUSING motorists
- 00:19 Philippe Coutinho showed why Barcelona want him against Leicester -...
- 00:18 Barcelona players criticised for wearing shirts with Ousmane...
- 00:17 More entrepreneurs looking for an exit
- 00:17 Ministers face pay cap conundrum, says the IFS
- 00:17 Young spend three times more on housing than grandparents
- 00:17 Water companies pulled up over complaint calls
- 00:17 Google launches UK 'anti-terror fund'