Tandoor Mahal Indian restaurant in Hull now 'spotless' after zero hygiene rating
One of the city's most popular and oldest Indian restaurants have said they are back up to scratch after a poor food hygiene inspection earlier this year.
Tandoor Mahal, in Anlaby Road, received a zero score in its food hygiene rating earlier this summer after inspectors found food was not being adequately refrigerated when they visited.
But owner Salik Tarafdar, who opened the well-known restaurant in 1977, said the problems had been quickly fixed despite the family's worry over his young grandson.
Little Asim Tarafdar has had to undergo numerous bouts of chemotherapy to treat a brain... read more
- 13:10 Sex attacker from Sutton Coldfield jailed for assaulting five women
- 13:10 New images released of Birmingham landmark restoration
- 13:10 Boxing: Ryan Kelly drums out a warning to title rival!
- 13:10 Leeds United provide update on the plans for a new club badge
- 13:10 Fishergate Bollard returns home
- 13:10 Privatising county NHS contract 'will only save 0.07%'
- 13:09 What is a ‘Meet me at McDonald’s’ haircut?
- 13:09 What is a polar vortex and when will the ‘Beast from the East’ hit...
- 13:09 Worksop veteran George celebrates 107th birthday
- 13:08 Drug dealers who peddled 'misery' from their luxury cars were...
- 13:08 Banned driver spared jail after leading police on 70mph chase
- 13:08 Sunderland City Council deemed 'inadequate' and warned over...
- 13:07 Barrow teen admits assaulting police officer
- 13:07 This Leeds charity is giving inner-city girls a voice - and it...
- 13:07 Privatising county NHS contract 'will only save 0.07%'
- 13:07 Barrow drink driver banned after being double legal limit
- 13:07 ‘Even after I was sectioned, no-one really knew quite what was...
- 13:06 NHS trust 'banking on people being too ill to object to changes' to...
- 13:06 French man who kept porn on work computer loses privacy appeal
- 13:06 'I beg you, stop': plea from mother who lost two sons to knife crime
- 13:06 Chester council steps in after wall collapses in Liverpool Road
- 13:05 Fresh police appeal after Spalding newsagents’ break-in
- 13:02 Phillip Schofield appears worse for wear as he downs tequila shots...
- 13:02 North Korea nuclear war threats to resume IN DAYS after Winter...
- 13:04 Councillor who backed ‘Bring Back the Golliwog’ campaign resigns
- 13:02 Next of gher-kin? Michael Buble tucks into a pickle as he joins...
- 13:02 Mercedes F1 2018 car launch: WATCH W09 on track for the first time
- 13:04 Specialist apartment helps Jean, 80, regain her independence
- 13:02 Jesy Nelson looked fuming after Jack Whitehall jokes about her...
- 13:02 Gareth Bale ‘digging his grave’ at Real Madrid… Sergio Ramos is not...