Tandoor Mahal Indian restaurant in Hull now 'spotless' after zero hygiene rating
One of the city's most popular and oldest Indian restaurants have said they are back up to scratch after a poor food hygiene inspection earlier this year.
Tandoor Mahal, in Anlaby Road, received a zero score in its food hygiene rating earlier this summer after inspectors found food was not being adequately refrigerated when they visited.
But owner Salik Tarafdar, who opened the well-known restaurant in 1977, said the problems had been quickly fixed despite the family's worry over his young grandson.
Little Asim Tarafdar has had to undergo numerous bouts of chemotherapy to treat a brain... read more
- 13:32 Prince William just dropped a huge hint over the royal baby name
- 13:32 Man fined for filming dog giving Nazi salutes launches fundraiser...
- 13:32 Viagogo to be taken to court after failing to follow rules to...
- 13:32 Cheeki Rafiki yacht operator cleared over sailor deaths
- 13:32 The Leeds garden which is good for mind, body and soil
- 13:31 IN PICTURES: Another memorable day for Bridlington Lifeboat
- 13:31 Sizzling week-long heatwave set to return to UK again, say forecasters
- 13:31 Tigers player “assisting police”, club confirms
- 13:30 Harvey strikes gold at swimming finals
- 13:28 Ant McPartlin ‘won’t be back till next year’ - Stephen Mulhern
- 13:28 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:28 Google's Gmail gets self-destruct option ahead of GDPR
- 13:26 These celebrities with tiny heads will get you through the day
- 13:26 Arsene Wenger reveals Sir Alex Ferguson has been in contact about...
- 13:26 RUMOUR MILL: Luis Enrique interests Arsenal, Ancelotti may be...
- 13:26 Arsene Wenger picks out his favourite European match from his...
- 13:26 Banbury’s McDonalds goes into the digital age
- 13:25 Meet the volunteers giving homeless people back their dignity with...
- 13:25 Firefighters tackle blaze at Long Whatton sawmill
- 13:24 Madrid regional president resigns over alleged face cream theft
- 13:24 Prestwich stowaways: "They could be anywhere" police say
- 13:24 13 semis park under freeway bridge to try and stop man...
- 13:24 The Irish came together for equality three years ago – we need to...
- 13:24 Airbus and Dassault join forces to build next fighter aircraft
- 13:24 BMW reveals new iX3 all-electric SUV that will arrive in 2020 to...
- 13:23 Lifting the veil: who will design Meghan Markle’s wedding dress?
- 13:22 Focus on fashion
- 13:22 Chorley Costcutter turns a corner with new four-star food hygiene...
- 13:22 IMG and Leeds United owner's agency raided in EU sport cartel inquiry
- 13:22 MP’s praise as Wellies hits the mark in style