Talks to avoid Shropshire A&E closure as consultant set to leave post
0 Comments The trust which manages the county's major hospitals is reviewing its plans in the wake of the news that one of its emergency department consultants will be leaving their post in December.
Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust, responsible for A&E services at Princess Royal Hospital Telford and Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, has previously held discussions with patient groups to warn that "irretrievable" gaps in staffing could lead to a temporary or overnight closure of one of its emergency departments.
The trust has confirmed that the loss of the consultant could... read more
- 14:37 Derbyshire cricket ace Michael Vaughan calls for all non-British...
- 14:37 Manchester terror attack: The victims and those who are still missing
- 14:36 What is the Manchester bee? Tattoo ideas to show your support
- 14:36 Brits show they’re not afraid with #BritishThreatLevels after...
- 14:36 County mum confirmed as killed in Manchester bomb attack
- 14:36 Sean's pitch perfect FA Cup date
- 14:36 Part of road to remain closed for third night after gas leak
- 14:36 TRAVEL: All trains at a standstill after signal fault at...
- 14:35 New Fiat 500L - updated SUV range revealed for 2017
- 14:35 Rebecca on point to be a top ballerina
- 14:35 Thousands of pounds of car buyer's cash stolen
- 14:34 Hollywood star Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson recreates embarrassing...
- 14:34 Sheffield hero 'jumped out of way of blazing gas canister' to alert...
- 14:34 Manchester terror attack: The victims and those who are still missing
- 14:34 Victims of Manchester attack named
- 14:33 Thousands of pounds of car buyer's cash stolen
- 14:32 Parent calls meeting over her concerns over a Doncaster school
- 14:32 Man, 87, jailed for historical abuse on young girls
- 14:32 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 14:31 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 14:31 TRAVEL: All trains at a standstill after signal fault at...
- 14:31 Buxton mum performs at Royal Albert Hall with Beach Boys
- 14:30 Manchester bomber was a ‘mule’ using explosive made by...
- 14:30 Mother Michelle Kiss named as victim of Manchester Arena terror attack
- 14:30 Poignant memories and warm welcome on Falklands return trip
- 14:29 Ronald Koeman looking to add creativity to his Everton squad this...
- 14:29 PLAYER RATINGS: Steven Gerrard looks good during Liverpool's win...
- 14:25 This bride got married on the same day as Pippa Middleton – in the...
- 14:25 Community spirit in Manchester is not surprising but it is...
- 14:25 German shipping group Hapag Lloyd completes merger with Arab peer UASC