Talks planned on public sector trains
Scotland's transport minister is to invite unions and other political parties to talks next week on setting up a public sector train operator.
Humza Yousaf revealed the move after widespread criticism of existing ScotRail services.
He said the contract could be cancelled in 2020 and contingency plans were in place for the Scottish government to take over train services earlier.
ScotRail said it was working to implement a 246-point improvement plan.
Scottish Labour said Mr Yousaf was "running out of excuses".
Dutch firm Abellio took over the ScotRail franchise in April last year in... read more
- 03:40 Westworld recap: season 2, episode 5 – Maeve the merciful
- 03:40 UK must counter 'threats' in space - Williamson
- 03:21 Why the dad bod has to go for the sake of my daughter
- 03:19 'Sharenting' puts young at risk of online fraud
- 03:06 Girl loses fingers in school art lesson
- 02:33 Australian tourist dies in New Zealand rafting accident
- 02:19 UK airports with worst departing flight delays revealed
- 02:11 TOWIE: Courtney Green screams 'no one likes you' at Jordan Wright...
- 02:11 Billboards 2018: Jenna Dewan dominates the red carpet in gladiator...
- 02:11 George Clooney 'danced with Meghan Markle AND Duchess Catherine at...
- 02:11 Billboards 2018: Demi Lovato shows off her wild side with a...
- 02:11 A Very English Scandal viewers can't forget Ben Whishaw as the...
- 02:11 Billboards 2018: Christina Aguilera leads the worst dressed in...
- 02:11 Simon Cowell's son Eric, 4, puts on a hilarious display as he...
- 02:11 Taylor Swift thanks 'female artists who paved the way' for her as...
- 02:01 Reality Check: Are clothes moths on the rise?
- 01:52 India's Billy Elliott 'living the dream' in the Scottish Highlands
- 01:34 First baby in 12 years born on remote island where births are banned
- 01:16 Health services overloaded despite support pledges, claims report
- 01:15 UK turns blind eye to dirty Russian money, say MPs
- 01:10 Extra funding needed to avoid ‘year-round crisis’ in the NHS
- 00:56 Michele Curtis's red salad with berries and spiced nuts recipe
- 00:53 Gender inequality: Stars tell world leaders poverty is sexist
- 00:52 Jameela Jamil was told she was 'too ethnic' to make it in the US
- 00:41 Jayne Dowle: My not so brave new world in the shadow of terror
- 00:41 The Yorkshire Post says: Fears of farmers. New calls for customs...
- 00:36 How we will know if North Korea really 'denuclearises'
- 00:36 Ben Makuch of Vice takes on police in Supreme Court
- 00:36 Grenfell Tower: Bereaved to speak at inquiry into blaze
- 00:30 Who is Tom Markle and why isn’t he walking Meghan down the aisle?