Talks lead to fresh hope over future of park museum
0 Have your say The Friends of Red House have said they are determined to make the most of the doomed museum’s final days.
Speaking to the Reporter Series this week, chairperson Jacqueline Ryder said the group was saddened by the decision to close the site.
She said: “It is absolutely devastating news.
“But we were expecting it because of the proposal and what the council officers have been saying all summer.
“We are preparing to make the best of the time we have got left.
“But at the moment we are not sure how long that is.
“Red House Museum is one of those things that has been in our... read more
- 07:06 Man runs 67-mile heart-shaped marathon around Manchester to pay...
- 07:04 Health column: Athletes must look after their brains
- 07:04 IN PICTURES: Buckingham comes together for the royal wedding
- 07:02 Trains disrupted because of car on railway line in Rotherham
- 07:02 Guest Column: Does social media improve modern life?
- 07:02 Arsenal news: Mikel Arteta eyeing 'new Premier League job' after...
- 07:01 Football team of Northampton man killed in hit-and-run to hold...
- 07:01 Delays and lane closures on M62
- 07:01 Fears of staffing crisis as GPs ‘can only accept urgent patients’
- 06:59 Leader comment: The Scotsman finds Donald Trump’s perfect golf partner
- 06:58 Dad and daughter team up for 400km charity cycle challenge
- 06:58 South Shields teen to receive Duke of Edinburgh Award
- 06:58 Special celebration for heroic war veteran as he turns 100
- 06:58 Driver calls for end to pothole misery after having to replace...
- 06:57 Tetford volunteers show how to clean up
- 06:57 Education Column: Sheffield headteachers have got some tough...
- 06:54 Guest Column: Become a king or queen at the Old Hall
- 06:53 TWO former Chelsea stars on Roman Abramovich's director of football...
- 06:50 YEP's own Connie makes the news as she celebrates 100th birthday
- 06:47 Wayne Bell jailed for neo-Nazi group social media posts
- 06:48 ‘Too much TV’ linked to heart disease and cancer
- 06:47 Extinct butterfly to be reintroduced in England
- 06:48 Dementia patients’ medication prompts care plan concerns
- 06:47 High levels of screen time linked to cancer and heart disease
- 06:47 Sextortion: Big rise in victims with 'tens of thousands at risk'
- 06:47 PNE striker Callum Robinson’s Republic of Ireland boost
- 06:47 Big-punching Preston prospect Damian Chambers makes fast start to...
- 06:47 Preston's Wembley win the highlight of John Welsh's career
- 06:46 Thursday’s best TV: Humans; Million Pound Menu; Missions
- 06:46 In her bicentenary year, Victoria’s life becomes a ballet, with...