Talk about baby boom! New Bridget Jones movie breaks $1 BILLION at UK box office
Having made $41.1 million (£32.3 million) at the UK box office, the movie pushed the company over the much-coveted money mark.
Bridget Jones’s Baby was released on September 16 and made the figure after an incredible three weeks at No 1.
Working Title have made more than 100 movies since its formation in 1983 including Richard Curtis comedies, Four Weddings and a Funeral and Notting Hill.
The company has been led by Eric Fellner and Tim Bevan since 1992.
Bevan told Deadline: “When we started, a British film doing a couple of million at the box office outside of Bond was amazing.
“Four... read more
- 17:23 Police chief calls for minimum pricing on alcohol
- 17:22 Tottenham prepare for Manchester United clash at Old Trafford with...
- 17:22 Manchester United star Paul Pogba gives his shirt to a fan causing...
- 17:21 Blackmailer guilty of making man's life "hell"
- 17:21 Lorry and car collide on Bramshall Road
- 17:21 Glider pilot's inquest opens
- 17:21 Louth man (31) to face rape trial next month
- 17:19 Gardener’s appeal after thieves steal van
- 17:18 Tragic star Savenaca Koroibulileka’s wife and sons attend memorial...
- 17:18 It’s beginnning to look a lot like Christmas in Bourne
- 17:18 Ex-Swiss banker goes home after U.S. loses extradition from Germany
- 17:18 Departing Gregory hails ‘brilliant’ Stratford Town supporters
- 17:17 Drivers spend 11 hours stuck in Castle Street traffic jams in one...
- 17:17 University ‘tells gay student to keep quiet after classmates tell...
- 17:17 How Nokia and Motorola mobile phones are among classics selling for...
- 17:17 New road signs proudly welcome visitors to Hull UK City of Culture
- 17:16 Marcus Rashford will be a centre-forward, says Manchester United...
- 17:16 Police capture convict hiding under van
- 17:14 Breast cancer drug ‘unfairly blamed’ for side effects
- 17:12 Burlington School’s brush with success in art competition
- 17:12 Scots GPs warn rising workloads may affect patient care
- 17:11 Bomb disposal team to carry out explosion on Walney
- 17:11 Exclusive - Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense:...
- 17:10 Sky receives takeover approach from 21st Century Fox
- 17:10 Residents urged to secure properties following thefts
- 17:10 One of Cumbria's worst-hit communities reunites after the floods
- 17:09 David Seaman picks a stunning dream Arsenal five-a-side team: Who...
- 17:09 Tens of thousands of homes without water due to burst main
- 17:09 Boston United appoint Adam Murray as new manager
- 17:08 11 good deeds that have happened in Nottingham this week