Taking a stroll after meals can tackle diabetes: Patients who took a ten-minute walk after eating had lower blood sugar levels
Taking a ten-minute stroll after each meal could help people with type two diabetes control their condition, experts have found.
Patients who exercised three times a day, after breakfast, lunch and dinner, had lower blood sugar levels than those who went for a single 30-minute walk each day.
People with type two diabetes are currently encouraged to carry out regular physical activity - but are not given advice about when to do this exercise.
The scientists, whose results were published in the Diabetologia medical journal, called for a change in guidelines.
They found that people who took... read more
- 15:45 Caring brothers recognised for efforts to raise hundreds for charity
- 15:45 Sunderland Post Office closed by strike action
- 15:44 Mums and dads save up to £5000 a year on free child care thanks to...
- 15:41 Ex-Walsall striker Troy Deeney opens up on turning away from crime
- 15:41 Two Black Country leisure centres to close over Christmas
- 15:39 The 13 burning questions Google is being asked about Nottingham
- 15:34 Derby people looking for love needed by TV show First Dates
- 15:33 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 15:28 Gourmet Burger Kitchen planning to open in Leicester
- 15:27 David Luiz: My reaction to Chelsea's vital victory over Manchester...
- 15:27 Diego Costa: What I thought of Chelsea beating Manchester City
- 15:27 Bournemouth v Liverpool – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 15:27 Man United star slams David Luiz after horror challenge: Chelsea...
- 15:27 Everton v Manchester United – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 15:27 Antonio Conte delighted with Chelsea character in win over...
- 15:26 Thai activist arrested for sharing king's profile on Facebook
- 15:20 Stalybridge Celtic v Boston United LIVE - Pilgrims take an early lead
- 15:20 Indonesian police plane with 15 on board goes missing
- 15:19 Manchester City lose their heads during loss to Chelsea as Sergio...
- 15:17 PewDiePie is going to delete his YouTube channel very soon
- 15:15 Skegness police have man in custody accused of burglary
- 15:14 Cristiano Ronaldo tax evasion allegations Q&A: The lowdown on...
- 15:14 Manchester City 1-3 Chelsea - PLAYER RATINGS: Diego Costa inspires...
- 15:14 Swadlincote school gets behind Feed Our Families campaing to help...
- 15:14 MAPPED: How close do YOU live to a nuclear bomb?
- 15:11 Premier League LIVE: Follow Tottenham, Sunderland and Leicester in...
- 15:11 Antonio Conte: What I really think about our win over Manchester City
- 15:10 Rail is on the up, but buses still struggle
- 15:10 Marketing campaign pulls in the visitors
- 15:10 Rail makes a comeback