Taking a stroll after meals can tackle diabetes: Patients who took a ten-minute walk after eating had lower blood sugar levels
Taking a ten-minute stroll after each meal could help people with type two diabetes control their condition, experts have found.
Patients who exercised three times a day, after breakfast, lunch and dinner, had lower blood sugar levels than those who went for a single 30-minute walk each day.
People with type two diabetes are currently encouraged to carry out regular physical activity - but are not given advice about when to do this exercise.
The scientists, whose results were published in the Diabetologia medical journal, called for a change in guidelines.
They found that people who took... read more
- 10:09 Wimbledon: The 10 greatest tantrums in the tennis game’s history
- 10:09 Mail reporter Beth Pridding went to give blood for the first time...
- 10:08 Starbucks customer says coffee made him ‘poop’ 11 times
- 10:08 What you need to know for this weekend's Forest Live concerts at...
- 10:07 Stand up for the ‘Big Comedy Weekend!’
- 10:07 Man arrested for aggressive behaviour on busy Sheffield street
- 10:07 Pair jailed for a combined 44 years over Cramlington murder
- 10:07 Big Brother 2017: Chanelle and Isabelle rub BARE BREASTS on other...
- 10:07 Bargain Hunt coming to British Motor Museum in Gaydon
- 10:07 Elderly couple threatened by masked raiders in Dronfield
- 10:06 Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma becomes transfer target for Crystal Palace
- 10:06 Crumbling Italian banks could 'have led to COLLAPSE of Italy' – and...
- 10:06 'Pushing the EU apart!' Angela Merkel attacked by her own coalition...
- 10:06 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:06 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:05 Three motorcross bikes stolen from garage in Barrow
- 10:05 Belhaven owner Greene King cheers rise in profits
- 10:05 Councillors urge Leicester mayor to use unspent cash to help city's...
- 10:05 Princess Cruises set to expand its Ocean Medallion Class fleet
- 10:04 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:04 Rock for BARK
- 10:04 Aspirin dose can 'slash the risk of potentially fatal condition...
- 10:04 Mountain rescue team help man missing in rural spot
- 10:03 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:03 NHS comments after Derbyshire doctor takes her own life
- 10:02 Exclusive: Louth area victim of brutal attack is at ‘breaking...
- 10:02 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:02 Urgent appeal after thugs try to force their way into north...
- 10:02 Horncastle woman pleads not guilty to child abduction
- 10:02 Health chiefs: More services are returning to West Cumberland Hospital