Syrian offensive kills scores in Aleppo before Swiss talks
Syria's military backed by Russian warplanes have killed more than 150 people in eastern Aleppo this week, rescue workers said, part of a renewed bombardment supporting an offensive to seize the city's shattered rebel-held sector.
As air strikes and shelling of the city's east intensified since Tuesday after a brief period of relative calm, Syria's government approved a U.N. plan to allow aid convoys into most besieged areas of Syria, with the exception of Aleppo.
Rising casualties in Aleppo, where buildings have been reduced to rubble or are lacking roofs or walls, have prompted an... read more
- 09:10 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:08 Chelsea Clinton: ‘I’ve had vitriol flung at me for as long as I can...
- 09:08 Woman escapes safely after car catches fire on A590
- 09:08 University of Southern California president quits in gynaecology...
- 09:07 Meet the volunteers of the scenic Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
- 09:07 The artist 'beguiled' by a Yorkshire forest
- 09:07 Doncaster's 'eighth wonder of the world': The house made of sand...
- 09:07 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:06 Conservatives call for ‘simpler’ parking policy in Sunderland with...
- 09:04 Music review: Nina Nesbitt
- 09:04 Music review: Sparks
- 09:04 Music review: Echo & the Bunnymen
- 09:04 Comedy review: Tim Vine: Sunset Milk Idiot
- 09:04 Theatre review: Sunshine on Leith
- 09:02 7 interior design tips for when your home is the size of a shoebox
- 09:01 Irish abortion referendum: exit polls predict landslide for yes as...
- 08:59 Leamington man on the home stretch for his 56 challenges
- 08:56 UPDATE: M6 closed after smash
- 08:55 Liverpool star Mohamed Salah deserves Ballon d'Or over Cristiano...
- 08:49 UPDATE: M6 closed after smash
- 08:48 Hunt for Audi A3 driver who sped off after fatal crash that left...
- 08:45 James Milner stuns Liverpool team-mates with wondergoal ahead of...
- 08:41 M6 closed after smash
- 08:40 Royal visitor to Banbury chocolate plant
- 08:34 No, having BPD doesn’t make you a bad partner
- 08:34 Liverpool hero reveals how Real Madrid already have upper hand in...
- 08:33 Could Britain’s top tradesperson be from our area?
- 08:28 My secret life as a student Nightline volunteer
- 08:24 WEATHER: A misty and breezy but warm day for Nottinghamshire
- 08:24 A stunning Cornish cove has gone on sale for £2.6 million