Syria war: UN resumes aid to Syrians on Jordan border
The UN has announced the resumption of aid to some 85,000 Syrian refugees stranded on Jordan's border - the first such deliveries in months.
The UN says the aid includes food, winter clothing and blankets as well as hygiene kits.
The refugees, mostly women and children, live in dire conditions in two makeshift camps in a desert area.
Jordan shut the border in June after seven of its soldiers died in a bombing claimed by Islamic State militants.
Since then only a single aid delivery was allowed when food rations were sent using cranes in August to the Rukban and Hadalat camps.
On Tuesday,... read more
- 13:49 Amber Rudd’s decision to send home Americans in Scotland upheld
- 13:48 Spinathon for Royal Preston Hospital raises £100
- 13:48 Teenagers arrested in Llandudno drug raids
- 13:47 Mood in the Chelsea camp is not the best, admits Blues defender...
- 13:47 Carlos Takam confident he can beat Anthony Joshua in Cardiff after...
- 13:47 Manchester United on FIFA 18: How every player looks, highest rated...
- 13:47 Former soldier 'initiation ceremonies' in barracks left him with...
- 13:47 The importance of decentralised solar energy
- 13:46 Emergency services ‘need new law help’
- 13:46 New hope in quest for ancient beer
- 13:46 Flying Scotsman investigation at Nene Valley Railway
- 13:46 Cesar Azpilicueta worried about Chelsea’s state of mind ahead of...
- 13:46 Furious Dudley mum says toddler 'bitten by BEDBUGS' at Pontins
- 13:46 Scotland to become first part of UK to ban the smacking of children
- 13:46 Loose Women: Penny Lancaster breaks down as she reveals she was...
- 13:45 Emergency meeting over British Steel pensions called
- 13:45 Lyon v Sale Sharks: European Challenge Cup preview
- 13:44 Lancaster Brewery raises a glass to prestigious beer listings
- 13:43 Arsenal v Liverpool will NOT take place on Christmas Eve: Premier...
- 13:43 Overwatch Season 6, Halloween event END DATE: Here's when Blizzard...
- 13:43 Angelina Jolie almost starred in WHICH sexy teenage 1990s horror...
- 13:42 Graham Gooch predicts ‘tough’ Ashes campaign for England captain...
- 13:42 Ryanair BEGS pilots to join airline with 20 per cent pay rise and...
- 13:42 Nativity! The Musical set for world premiere - but it's in...
- 13:41 Serena Williams may not play Australian Open, Maria Sharapova can...
- 13:40 Festival No 6 reveals first headline act for 2018
- 13:39 Jim White breaks his Celtic scarf vow and fans aren't happy about it
- 13:39 Hollywood stars descend on Ellesmere Port for new movie
- 13:38 North Lincolnshire health chief set to step down
- 13:38 Cathedral organist to end concert season