Syria war: Thousands uprooted from rebel-held east Aleppo
Thousands of civilians have left rebel-held eastern Aleppo districts, as the Syrian army continues its offensive to take full control over the city.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said as many as 10,000 residents fled to government-controlled western areas and a Kurdish-run northern district.
Syrian state media put the number at more than 1,500, while Russia said that 2,500 civilians had left.
The army wants to split the rebel-held east, after seizing several districts.
It is hard to get a clear picture of how events are unfolding in eastern Aleppo, but it is being reported that:... read more
- 05:02 Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy hands-on preview and interview –...
- 04:54 Sean Paul and Dua Lipa deliver one of the greatest moments of Radio...
- 04:54 LETTER: Disappointed Mr Bingham refused to take part in husting
- 04:45 Australia shares pulled down by basic materials, financials; NZ lower
- 04:16 Great Australian photographs: Frank Hurley's The Raid – an audio essay
- 04:10 Nikkei edges up in choppy trade as markets await for U.S. data
- 03:29 Knife-wielding man kills two, wounds 18 in China
- 03:27 Samsung Electronics considers adding capacity at China chip plant
- 03:27 Hong Kong property cooling moves set to fail as shadow lenders fill...
- 03:07 Chris Brown posts cute picture of daughter Royalty for her...
- 02:53 Could Labour's love be lost in Mansfield after 94 years?
- 02:53 Rita, Sue and Bob Too: A snapshot of 1980s Britain
- 02:53 New French president promises tough talk at first Putin meeting
- 02:53 N Korea fires Scud missile into sea, its third test in three weeks
- 02:33 BA flight disruption at Heathrow set for third day
- 02:31 Living on fumes: China's war on pollution means little to a...
- 02:31 North Korea fires Scud-class ballistic missile, Japan protests
- 02:29 The Beatles' Sgt Pepper comes home for 50th anniversary
- 02:15 Former Greek Prime Minister Constantine Mitsotakis dies aged 98
- 02:14 Doctor in the House: How to manage back pain
- 01:59 Tories accused of 'sleight of hand' on manifesto grammar schools data
- 01:54 Paul Pogba, world's most expensive footballer, visits Mecca
- 01:51 Gazprom executive to meet EU antitrust chief, may have to improve...
- 01:44 Manchester’s drum and bass producer Marcus Intalex aka Trevino...
- 01:43 Who is Leanne Wood? A profile of the Plaid Cymru leader
- 01:31 Asia steady on firmer Wall Street, pound nurses losses
- 01:31 The Handmaid's Tale: Viewers left 'TRAUMATISED' by Channel 4 drama...
- 01:27 Star in stripes! Pixie Lott shows off her enviably long legs in...
- 01:27 'Amanda's nipples make an appearance every year!': Alesha Dixon...
- 01:27 And the winner is... Uma Thurman and Jessica Chastain go for...