Syria war: Thousands uprooted from rebel-held east Aleppo
Thousands of civilians have left rebel-held eastern Aleppo districts, as the Syrian army continues its offensive to take full control over the city.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said as many as 10,000 residents fled to government-controlled western areas and a Kurdish-run northern district.
Syrian state media put the number at more than 1,500, while Russia said that 2,500 civilians had left.
The army wants to split the rebel-held east, after seizing several districts.
It is hard to get a clear picture of how events are unfolding in eastern Aleppo, but it is being reported that:... read more
- 16:23 Former GHA Coaches workers win compensation payout 'after losing...
- 16:23 Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather is disrespectful to boxing -...
- 16:23 Morecambe pub has licence suspended following drugs investigation
- 16:22 Stunning historic steam loco pays Lincoln flying visit
- 16:22 Parents can register for £2,000 Tax-Free Childcare Scheme from...
- 16:22 Why the hunt is on for the messiest bedroom in Coventry
- 16:22 Dear Reader: We need real affordable housing + my spell in A&E
- 16:20 Dear Reader: We need real affordable housing + my spell in A&E
- 16:19 Cable theft in Bardney
- 16:19 WIN! Family ticket to Gulliver’s Easter Extravaganza
- 16:19 Cost of finding temporary accommodation for homeless people going down
- 16:19 Nominate a first aid hero
- 16:19 Family of murdered Pc Keith Palmer pay tribute to ‘wonderful dad...
- 16:18 Nominate a first aid hero
- 16:18 Man accused of arson after flat fire in Huddersfield
- 16:18 Overnight services at three North East urgent care centres to...
- 16:17 Beamish Museum searching for visionary to create 1950s world and...
- 16:17 Star Wars news: Han Solo spin-off character detail LEAKED by Woody...
- 16:17 Destiny 2 release date LEAK reveals PC launch and Bungie beta news...
- 16:17 Support is there for those who need it this Mother's Day
- 16:17 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Chapel St Leonards pupils support Red Nose Day
- 16:16 Philippines' Duterte derides U.S. for past inaction in South China Sea
- 16:16 The poor get poorer in Germany, too, draft government report shows
- 16:16 Sturgeon has ‘confidence’ in Cunningham amid terror row
- 16:15 Pamela Anderson 'STORMED OFF' Celebrity Juice set after Keith Lemon...
- 16:15 Comment: Is this Government intervention in all but name
- 16:15 Eden contestants leave wilderness after a year to find show hasn't...
- 16:15 Viviane Sassen's Kenyan Souvenirs
- 16:15 Martin Margiela: Looking back on the Hermes years
- 16:15 Khalid Masood named as Islamic terrorist behind Westminster attack