Syria war: Thousands uprooted from rebel-held east Aleppo
Thousands of civilians have left rebel-held eastern Aleppo districts, as the Syrian army continues its offensive to take full control over the city.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said as many as 10,000 residents fled to government-controlled western areas and a Kurdish-run northern district.
Syrian state media put the number at more than 1,500, while Russia said that 2,500 civilians had left.
The army wants to split the rebel-held east, after seizing several districts.
It is hard to get a clear picture of how events are unfolding in eastern Aleppo, but it is being reported that:... read more
- 15:39 The 13 burning questions Google is being asked about Nottingham
- 15:34 Derby people looking for love needed by TV show First Dates
- 15:33 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 15:28 Gourmet Burger Kitchen planning to open in Leicester
- 15:27 David Luiz: My reaction to Chelsea's vital victory over Manchester...
- 15:27 Diego Costa: What I thought of Chelsea beating Manchester City
- 15:27 Bournemouth v Liverpool – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 15:27 Man United star slams David Luiz after horror challenge: Chelsea...
- 15:27 Everton v Manchester United – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 15:27 Antonio Conte delighted with Chelsea character in win over...
- 15:26 Thai activist arrested for sharing king's profile on Facebook
- 15:20 Stalybridge Celtic v Boston United LIVE - Pilgrims take an early lead
- 15:20 Indonesian police plane with 15 on board goes missing
- 15:19 Manchester City lose their heads during loss to Chelsea as Sergio...
- 15:17 PewDiePie is going to delete his YouTube channel very soon
- 15:15 Skegness police have man in custody accused of burglary
- 15:14 Cristiano Ronaldo tax evasion allegations Q&A: The lowdown on...
- 15:14 Manchester City 1-3 Chelsea - PLAYER RATINGS: Diego Costa inspires...
- 15:14 Swadlincote school gets behind Feed Our Families campaing to help...
- 15:14 MAPPED: How close do YOU live to a nuclear bomb?
- 15:11 Premier League LIVE: Follow Tottenham, Sunderland and Leicester in...
- 15:11 Antonio Conte: What I really think about our win over Manchester City
- 15:10 Rail is on the up, but buses still struggle
- 15:10 Marketing campaign pulls in the visitors
- 15:10 Rail makes a comeback
- 15:10 Here's what the £10.3 million University Quarter revamp will look like
- 15:10 Stoke City: Jack Butland heads for MRI scan after pulling out of...
- 15:07 Doncaster safe haven for Saturday night revellers who have had too...
- 15:07 Gianfranco Zola: My verdict on Chelsea outclassing Manchester City
- 15:07 Film company search for Lothians talent for new Ken Loach film