Syria war: Aleppo rebel attack on school kills seven children
Seven children and a woman have died in government-controlled western Aleppo after a school was hit by rebel fire, state media says.
At least 32 others were injured at the school in the Furqan neighbourhood, according to the Sana news agency.
The attack comes after days of heavy bombing on the rebel-controlled east.
On Sunday, UN envoy Staffan De Mistura suggested the government grant autonomy to rebel-held areas of the city, a proposal that was dismissed.
Mr De Mistura warned earlier this week that the government was chasing a "pyrrhic victory" in Aleppo if it does not arrive at... read more
- 10:19 Guardian recommends....things to do this week
- 10:19 One lane closed on M6 Northbound between junctions 27 and 28
- 10:18 Chelsea Christmas gifts perfect for Blues fans in 2016
- 10:18 SE Asia Stocks-Sluggish on lack of catalysts; Thailand gains on...
- 10:17 Keaton Jennings insists he feels 'very comfortable and very...
- 10:17 Do YOU trim your pubic hair? Then you're 80% more likely to have an...
- 10:17 Can an electricity-blasting gadget really beat your insomnia? From...
- 10:17 Tired drivers are four times the crash risk: Sleeping for only four...
- 10:17 So much for rise of the machines: Starship drone inventor is hiring...
- 10:17 Criminals are in for a shock as police are poised to get more...
- 10:17 Move over Tatooine: Incredible video shows THREE SUNS appear over...
- 10:17 X-Factor star Honey G to play live show in Sheffield tonight
- 10:17 The 'Shazam for faces': World's first facial recognition for...
- 10:17 PICTURES: Olaf greets visitors to the Lowedges Christmas market
- 10:17 British teenagers lag behind world's best in maths and reading tests
- 10:16 MOBO award winner to compose RSC score
- 10:15 FCA tightens rules for spread betting products
- 10:15 Pisa tests: Singapore top in global education rankings
- 10:15 Kiosks for clubbers to test quality of party drugs “could save lives”
- 10:15 Morecambe Arndale Centre’s Argos store to close
- 10:15 David Eatock: It was a part of my life I wanted to forget – I’d...
- 10:15 Inquest to take place after Barrow car park plunge
- 10:15 GLIDER TRAGEDY UPDATE: Eye witness says glider fell to the ground...
- 10:14 The five Premier League stars who scored the highest percentage of...
- 10:14 Dutch defender is wanted: Arsenal will locks horn with Man United...
- 10:13 Woman seen running from scene after attempted Knaresborough burglary
- 10:14 Arsenal star: Why beating Man United was a career highlight
- 10:13 Aldi to recruit dozens more staff across area
- 10:13 WATCH: Song for Christmas - Elland C of E Junior and Infant School
- 10:13 Police probe suspected arson attack in South Shields