'Syria's stonehenge': Mysterious ruins in desert could be 10,000 years old - but scientists can't get near to investigate
A mysterious ancient building in Syria, described as a 'landscape for the dead' could be as old as 10,000 years ago - far older than the Great Pyramid.But scientists have been unable to explore the ruins, unearthed in 2009, because of the conflict in the region.
The strange stone formations were uncovered in 2009, by archaeologist Robert Mason of the Royal Ontario Museum, who came across stone lines, circles, and tombs in a near-lifeless area of desert.
- 13:23 Lancashire IS supporter incited lone wolf attacks on Prince George...
- 13:23 Here's how your kids can get FREE Lego, My Little Pony and Ben 10...
- 13:21 Bungling motorist caught behind the wheel moments after getting...
- 13:21 Macron French reforms: SNCF workers vote down changes
- 13:20 Ever wondered why La Liga's top goalscorer wins 'the Pichichi'?
- 13:20 Zlatan Ibrahimovic's stunning MLS debut is starting to look like an...
- 13:20 Thriller Live! role for dancer, Eliza Hart
- 13:20 In pictures: 8 luxurious country homes for sale in Scotland
- 13:18 Tesco launches own-brand vegan Margherita sourdough pizza for £3.50
- 13:17 PMQs verdict: Jeremy Corbyn fails to press home advantages on NHS
- 13:17 New business park would create more jobs in Market Harborough
- 13:16 Lancashire IS supporter incited lone wolf attacks on Prince George...
- 13:16 PMQs verdict: Jeremy Corbyn fails to press home advantages on NHS
- 13:16 Meghan Markle getting ‘tactical driving’ training to boost security
- 13:14 Arsenal transfer targets: 10 players that could sign for new...
- 13:13 EDITOR’S COLUMN: How can we trust either of our councils with...
- 13:13 Will Smith to perform official song for the 2018 World Cup
- 13:12 New council leader defends challenge
- 13:12 How has new Arsenal head coach Unai Emery performed against Pep...
- 13:12 New Hartlepool business signs up to Armed Forces Covenant
- 13:10 Quartermile directors complete buyout move
- 13:09 Woman wanted by police over missed court appearance
- 13:09 Heavy traffic building after accident partially blocks busy Leeds road
- 13:09 How to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing
- 13:08 Arsenal Transfer News: Goalkeeper arrival confirmed as Unai Emery...
- 13:08 Uber gives drivers sick pay and parental leave
- 13:07 YP Letters: Failure to act on farm damage by motorbikes in Doncaster
- 13:07 AB de Villiers announces shock retirement from international cricket
- 13:06 Why playing Fortnite has helped my relationship with my son
- 13:05 Is Barclays mulling a mega-merger? Unnamed sources slap down report...