Syria government forces 'retake' largest Aleppo rebel district
Syrian government forces have retaken the largest rebel-controlled district in eastern Aleppo, state media report.
The capture of Masaken Hanano, in north-east Aleppo, could give Syria's army line-of-fire control over other opposition-held areas, activists say.
The government resumed its offensive to retake eastern Aleppo on 15 November. Some 275,000 people are under siege.
The assault has killed 212 civilians, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says.
Among the victims were 27 children, the monitoring group added. Reports suggest there is a lack of medical supplies and food.... read more
- 13:28 LIVE: Nuneaton Town V Stockport County: Team news and live updates...
- 13:28 Arsenal react to Manchester United Mesut Ozil transfer speculation
- 13:26 What does your curry say about you?
- 13:26 Britain’s fury as Zimbabwe leader Robert Mugabe must be STRIPPED of...
- 13:24 Sellafield 'exercising extreme caution' as bomb disposal experts...
- 13:24 Woman suspected of Leeds knifepoint street robberies
- 13:23 Don’t put Vicks VapoRub in your vagina
- 13:22 Dimitri Oberlin confirms he rejected Manchester United transfer
- 13:21 Attack outside Littleover restaurant leaves victim needing hospital...
- 13:18 This is the law on having a bonfire and the nuisance it causes
- 13:18 Lego axes 1,400 jobs amid falling sales concerns
- 13:18 Take a look inside county's newest £2.2m GP surgery
- 13:17 Chelsea news: I’ve changed my opinion on Alvaro Morata - Sky Sports...
- 13:17 Man Utd team news: Henrikh Mkhitaryan to be dropped for...
- 13:17 Dangerous glass removed as Storm Brian hits Lancashire
- 13:16 Shamed Harvey Weinstein completes just ONE WEEK of sex addiction rehab
- 13:16 Real Madrid chiefs asked Tottenham for Harry Kane valuation before...
- 13:16 Katie Price cancels second gig due to ‘sudden unforeseen...
- 13:16 Dangerous glass removed as Storm Brian hits Lancashire
- 13:14 Towneley Park needs your votes
- 13:12 Hebburn man's plea to BAN Thomas Cook from Las Vegas following...
- 13:12 Ever had a visit from Home Group? You might want to check your...
- 13:12 Killer drivers can now get life - but this mum says laws must go...
- 13:12 Family holiday saved after travel agent goes the extra mile
- 13:10 Coventry City takeover talk "unnecessary and unwanted speculation"
- 13:10 Police officer ‘assaulted with glass’ at Warwick Runaway Mop
- 13:10 How to get cheaper parking at Bullring over half term
- 13:10 Timi Elsnik - Derby County Under-23 player profile and stats
- 13:08 Middlesbrough news: Stewart Downing reveals ‘big shock’ after Garry...
- 13:08 Ruben Neves: Wolves star Danny Batth lifts the lid on superstar...