Syria conflict: US coalition admits killing civilians in Manbij
The US-led coalition fighting so-called Islamic State (IS) has admitted to causing the deaths of 24 civilians near the Syrian city of Manbij in July.
It said its forces had "more likely than not" killed 30 other civilians elsewhere in Syria in recent months.
Local monitoring groups, however, said at least 56 civilians had died in the Manbij offensive alone.
The coalition estimated 173 civilians have been killed by its air strikes since the beginning of the operation.
Its attack on Manbij five months ago was designed to aid advancing Kurdish military forces, with the aim of driving... read more
- 11:34 Alliances made as Ulverston prepares for worst case scenario
- 11:34 National crime expert brings experience to Cumbria police service
- 11:35 Antonio Conte: Chelsea have signed a fantastic striker in...
- 11:34 Barrow fire boss praises his men after four-car inferno
- 11:34 Barrow school thankful for new inclusive sensory room
- 11:34 Barrow man jailed for carrying drugs and lock knife
- 11:34 Debate: Recorded crime figures on the rise
- 11:34 Twinkling Stars is officially world class
- 11:34 Cancer fighting cop's year of fundraising
- 11:32 Blac Chyna seems over Rob Kardashian scandal as she joins Nicki...
- 11:32 Family pays tribute to 'beautiful angel' mum-of-four killed in car...
- 11:32 What are the dangers, effects, and laws when it comes to Molly...
- 11:32 Coventry City matches set to be broadcast online
- 11:31 It's the fight club!
- 11:31 A successful run of sports development
- 11:31 These are the most common travel scams - and here's how to avoid them
- 11:31 Coroner rules concerns over care of elderly woman did not cause death
- 11:31 Police officer crisis as the numbers plummet
- 11:31 Motorist to stand trial
- 11:31 Have you heard about the bird?
- 11:31 It's on the buses for prom night
- 11:30 Dismay as Longtown play park plan is turned down
- 11:30 The Open 2017: Jon Rahm gets two-shot penalty withdrawn after...
- 11:29 CCTV captures 'appalling' cyclist hit-and-run
- 11:28 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho well-placed to land Bayern...
- 11:27 Hundreds of Birmingham Airport passengers left without suitcases...
- 11:27 Asda owner Walmart is biggest company in world by revenues
- 11:27 Booming demand for ice cream helps Unilever overcome another fall...
- 11:26 Darts: Ross Montgomery's wife helps him win title ahead of silver...
- 11:26 Aberdeen's Europa League clash with Apollon Limassol confirmed for...