Syria conflict: Heavy air strikes resume on Aleppo
Russian planes have resumed air strikes on rebel-held districts in the city of Aleppo, in what activists say is the heaviest bombardment in days.
At least 25 people are reported to have died, including children.
The bombardment follows a temporary lull called by the Syrian government, partly to allow civilians to leave rebel areas in the east of the city.
It has come under intense aerial attack since a ceasefire brokered by the US and Russia collapsed last month.
The air strikes came as Russian President Vladimir Putin cancelled a planned visit to France.
He had been due to meet French... read more
- 08:27 Newcastle Victoria Tunnel: Take a tour of the tunnel 85ft beneath...
- 08:27 Guess who's back? Eminem to headline Reading and Leeds festivals
- 08:27 Tragic ex-footballer's legacy of life as Shaun Woodburn's organs...
- 08:27 RBS faces NINTH year in the red as annual losses extend to £7BILLION
- 08:27 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling stays STRONG despite good...
- 08:26 Engineering firm IMI sees drop in 2017 first-half organic revenue
- 08:26 Witches are putting a spell on Donald Trump at midnight
- 08:25 FOLLOW-UP: Angry reaction over the ‘red phone box saga’ continues
- 08:24 Aston Villa LIVE: Steve Bruce's press conference; Scott Hogan...
- 08:24 Cannabis plants found in police raid in Rotherham
- 08:24 Tributes after legendary local football figure dies
- 08:23 Property expert reveals where in Grimsby and Cleethorpes is best...
- 08:23 Badminton: Double delight for Diane Gillan at Scottish Championships
- 08:22 Here’s how you can cancel your Labour party membership
- 08:22 Challenge of delays in leaving hospital
- 08:21 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Zachary Quinto slams Trump over transgender students at Oscar...
- 08:20 Guus Hiddink on Leicester City’s shortlist to replace Claudio Ranieri
- 08:20 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Should Nottingham's Brian Clough statue be moved to the City Ground?
- 08:19 Littletown defeat league leaders and remain on course for treble
- 08:17 In Japan, 'Rocky' and 'Premium Friday' join fight against overtime
- 08:17 Chelsea first-team star could be shipped out this summer: Here's why
- 08:16 The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan SLAMS 'stupid people'...
- 08:13 Storm Doris sees Boston’s Sluice Bridge level crossing stuck shut
- 08:12 Middlewood Park and Ride closed this Sunday for maintenance work
- 08:10 Vital Foresight youth club saved thanks to £66,000 grant funding...
- 08:10 Health minister Philip Dunne backing midwife-led maternity units
- 08:10 Work to start on converting Newport's Royal Victoria Hotel into flats
- 08:10 Shropshire councillors freeze annual allowances