Syria conflict: Heavy air strikes resume on Aleppo
Russian planes have resumed air strikes on rebel-held districts in the city of Aleppo, in what activists say is the heaviest bombardment in days.
At least 25 people are reported to have died, including children.
The bombardment follows a temporary lull called by the Syrian government, partly to allow civilians to leave rebel areas in the east of the city.
It has come under intense aerial attack since a ceasefire brokered by the US and Russia collapsed last month.
The air strikes came as Russian President Vladimir Putin cancelled a planned visit to France.
He had been due to meet French... read more
- 21:37 Tom Cruise sex shock: He 'juggled Bible study and bl** jobs' on set...
- 21:34 Police appeal for dash-cam footage after reported sex attack in Wirral
- 21:32 Jaylen Brown Exclusive: Boston Celtics fans will be excited about...
- 21:32 Alexis Sanchez will decide Arsenal future after 'break' - Lee Dixon
- 21:32 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp hails second summer signing
- 21:32 Roger Federer looking forward to Wimbledon showdown to challenge...
- 21:32 Liverpool confirm Roberto Firmino as new number nine: Club offers...
- 21:32 Rory McIlroy disappointed with missed putts but feeling optimistic...
- 21:31 Fears cliff may collapse a third time after giant crack appears...
- 21:31 Plans to close two Derby city centre car parks concerns drivers -...
- 21:27 Mohamed Salah to wear No.11 at Liverpool after completing £39m...
- 21:27 I’ll give county a determined and loud voice
- 21:27 Passengers face three more days of misery after new rail strike is...
- 21:25 Global stocks advance on modest oil bounce
- 21:25 U.S. voices concern about violence against monitors in east Ukraine
- 21:24 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp delighted with Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Done Deal: Liverpool complete Mohamed Salah transfer
- 21:22 Tail docking row: could it cost Nicola Sturgeon votes?
- 21:22 What can the SNP teach Theresa May about minority government?
- 21:22 May offers EU nationals the right to stay after Brexit
- 21:19 Wall St. ends flat but healthcare stocks rally
- 21:18 US man 'gave Chinese agent secrets'
- 21:17 Fears for missing Thornliebank pensioner as police appeal for...
- 21:16 Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore on brink of move to Lyon for £16m
- 21:16 Germany 1-1 Chile: Alexis Sanchez becomes country's record goal...
- 21:14 EU citizens WILL be able to stay in the UK after Brexit
- 21:14 Fabinho to Man Utd: Monaco star admits he's tempted by Old Trafford...
- 21:10 Mohamed Salah targets silverware after completing Liverpool transfer
- 21:09 EastEnders spoiler: Michelle Fowler in DANGER as new man Tom’s...
- 21:08 Bank committee selects repo as Libor alternative for swaps