Syria conflict: Aleppo 'humanitarian pause' to take effect
A "humanitarian pause" announced by Russia is to formally come into effect in Syria's city of Aleppo to allow civilians and rebels leave the city.
Moscow earlier said air strikes by Russia and Syria's government had been halted two days ahead of the pause.
But a powerful jihadist group has refused to leave rebel-held eastern areas of Aleppo.
Last month, Syrian government forces encircled rebel groups and launched an all-out assault backed by Russia.
Some 2,700 people have been killed or injured in the bombardment since then, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a... read more
- 16:01 You’re hired! Apprentices come to rescue of vandalised garden
- 16:00 Sick of people parking in front of your house? This is what the law...
- 16:00 Pupil’s business in frame
- 16:00 Body of missing woman found stuffed inside abandoned suitcase
- 16:00 20 reasons Barack Obama is the coolest US President of ALL time
- 16:00 Major Louth employer Luxus Ltd celebrates €1.4 million project
- 15:59 Lincolnshire ‘bucks the trend’ with latest employment figures
- 15:59 Ahead in the clouds – tech is reshaping the way we live
- 15:59 Seven unusual and idyllic cottages in Scotland
- 15:59 Sports partnership aims to break down barriers
- 15:59 Adlington pensioner, 81, almost cheated out of £2,500
- 15:59 Councillors’ plea to health bosses to ‘tell it like it is’
- 15:57 Bigger bill for key hospital as rates rise
- 15:57 Opera review: Written On Skin at the Royal Opera House
- 15:57 Ayr Rugby Club set sights on catching Melrose after clinching place...
- 15:56 Australian Open: Dan Evans hoping to put past demons behind him...
- 15:55 Liberty Global says Vodafone joint venture is not a deal blueprint
- 15:54 Police carry pregnant woman six miles through the snow on...
- 15:54 Wrexham prison to house first inmates in 40 day's time, according...
- 15:53 Comp: Win tickets to Liverpool v Swansea at Anfield for you and...
- 15:53 Wheelchair users in Supreme Court victory over pushchairs over who...
- 15:53 Police asked to investigate fraud allegations against two Labour...
- 15:53 Stunning starlings put on a show in Derbyshire
- 15:52 Burton Albion: Andy Garner's response when asked about Nigel Clough...
- 15:51 High school told it needs to improve
- 15:51 Poignant farewell for lifelong Imps fan after Lincoln City take a win
- 15:51 Holyhead man who armed himself with SIX KNIVES and threatened to...
- 15:50 Local man arrested on suspicion of multiple thefts from cars
- 15:49 Tony Bellew wants apology from David Haye this week for press...
- 15:49 Five ways Arsenal could line-up now Danny Welbeck is back in the mix