Syria conflict: Aleppo hospitals 'knocked out by bombardment'
Some of the heaviest bombardment so far on Aleppo has left rebel-held parts of the Syrian city virtually without medical facilities, observers say.
The World Health Organization says all makeshift hospitals there are out of service, after five days of air and artillery strikes by government forces.
Other reports suggest some that hospitals are operational but people are too frightened to use them.
Dozens have died since a government assault on Aleppo resumed this week.
Why is Russia engaged in Aleppo? Why are people still living in east Aleppo? Life under siege On Saturday, the Syrian... read more
- 08:17 Toyota to expand hybrid system development to further cut emissions
- 08:16 Why Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham are better places to...
- 08:16 Appeal after burglary in Gainsborough
- 08:15 Plea to help our lonely elderly this Christmas
- 08:15 Government facing High Court challenge over Prevent...
- 08:15 NHS whistleblowers 'being fired, gagged and blacklisted'
- 08:15 Prison inmate probed over 'Cop Killer' profile on Xbox Live
- 08:15 Nigel Farage on shortlist for Time magazine's person of the year award
- 08:15 Gagging orders 'used by a number of clubs to silence football...
- 08:14 Councillor on warpath over flood risk rating for Spalding
- 08:14 Plans for health services across Lincolnshire ‘leaked’
- 08:14 Granit Xhaka defends slow start to his Arsenal career ahead of...
- 08:14 Lidl set to open its Bourne store this Thursday
- 08:14 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:12 Roxanne Pallett enlists celebrity support in mission to tackle...
- 08:12 Apprentice star celebrates soaring Cumberland sausage sales
- 08:12 GHA Coaches: Directors other coach company RJ’s of Wem has...
- 08:11 Staff brush up on DIY to help children’s charity
- 08:11 Thai king appoints new members to royal council - palace
- 08:10 Agent of Zlatan Ibrahimovic-endorsed Man Utd target delivers major...
- 08:09 Chelsea actually paid £28m for Eden Hazard – not £32.5m!
- 08:08 13 reasons Bali should be your next holiday destination
- 08:08 Thinking about dumping someone? Do it before December 17th*
- 08:08 Two-vehicle crash near Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire
- 08:08 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 08:06 Arnold teacher jailed for carrying out abuse at prep school
- 08:06 Nottingham Forest news and gossip LIVE: Reds under-18 side in FA...
- 08:06 'Superhuman' Robin Hood Marathon winner smashes world record
- 08:06 REVEALED: Winners of days 5, 6 and 7 in our festive bonanza...
- 08:06 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'