Syria conflict: Aleppo evacuation corridors needed, WHO says
The World Health Organisation wants safe routes to be set up immediately to evacuate sick and wounded Syrians from besieged parts of the city of Aleppo.
A spokeswoman said there were only 35 doctors left to care hundreds of patients trapped in the rebel-held east, and that the number was rising.
Medical supplies are also running out, and there is a shortage of blood.
Russian-backed Syrian government forces launched an all-out assault on the east on Thursday after a truce collapsed.
Since then, the intense and sustained aerial bombardment of Aleppo and its surrounding countryside has killed... read more
- 13:36 Real Madrid train for midweek La Liga clash with Deportivo La...
- 13:36 Could Woolworths be set to return to Boston after former boss makes...
- 13:36 Round table cheering for youngest member
- 13:36 Video: Great Dane is heaviest dog in Britain
- 13:36 George Saville urges Wolves team-mates to improve on Saturday's draw
- 13:36 Birmingham City defender Paul Robinson charged with violent conduct...
- 13:35 Man airlifted to hospital with burns after Telford house fire
- 13:35 Havaianas and Barrhead Travel to open stores in Highcross shopping...
- 13:35 SKYPE VIDEO: Fashion blogger Susie Bubble inspires women tech...
- 13:34 Headteacher ‘devastated’ after vandals target school
- 13:33 Lib Dem running for the election
- 13:33 £2k booster for homeless charity welcomed
- 13:33 Former X-Factor star Lucy Spraggan announced as headline act for...
- 13:33 Nestle cuts 300 jobs in north of England
- 13:33 What's on: Three days of Tour de Yorkshire cycling celebrations in...
- 13:32 Sweden's Ericsson faces painful overhaul as it plunges into loss
- 13:32 Concerts will mark 150 years of Rugby Philharmonic Choir
- 13:31 SKYPE VIDEO: Fashion blogger Susie Bubble inspires women tech...
- 13:31 APPEAL: Police 'increasingly concerned' after boy goes missing for...
- 13:30 Four dachshunds stolen while playing in back garden
- 13:30 SKYPE VIDEO: Fashion blogger Susie Bubble inspires women tech...
- 13:30 Nestle to cut 150 Yorkshire jobs say unions
- 13:30 Greek court rules against extradition of three Turkish soldiers
- 13:30 More than 100 jobs to go in North East as Nestle plans to move Blue...
- 13:29 Car cruise crackdown
- 13:29 Couple celebrate their 68th anniversary
- 13:29 Why these 'forged' new £1 coins could be VERY valuable
- 13:29 Vigil for tragic schoolboy Callum Cartlidge amid fury over NHS cuts
- 13:29 West Midlands UKIP MEP James Carver quits party role in protest...
- 13:28 SKYPE VIDEO: Fashion blogger Susie Bubble inspires women tech...