Syria conflict: Aleppo evacuation corridors needed, WHO says
The World Health Organisation wants safe routes to be set up immediately to evacuate sick and wounded Syrians from besieged parts of the city of Aleppo.
A spokeswoman said there were only 35 doctors left to care hundreds of patients trapped in the rebel-held east, and that the number was rising.
Medical supplies are also running out, and there is a shortage of blood.
Russian-backed Syrian government forces launched an all-out assault on the east on Thursday after a truce collapsed.
Since then, the intense and sustained aerial bombardment of Aleppo and its surrounding countryside has killed... read more
- 10:41 16 fun ways to keep the kids entertained on a rainy day
- 10:40 Ellesmere Port smart motorway project on ice, Government reveals
- 10:40 Tea party to honor Hickling Pre-school’s 50th anniversary
- 10:40 Ambulance hero helped transform 999 service
- 10:39 OAP charged after girl, 3, hit by car at pedestrian crossing
- 10:39 Grenfell Tower: Polyethylene cladding on scores of towers
- 10:38 Help to fight crime in Burnley and Padiham
- 10:38 Remedy Gin Bar's 'Tough Mudders' raise £2,000 for hospice
- 10:38 Coins unearthed – 700 years later
- 10:38 Police investigating hit and run crash
- 10:38 Campaign for new cross-border rail link gathers pace
- 10:37 Toddler refused entry from The Hydro Pool in Harrogate "over old £1"
- 10:37 CCTV released after shop thefts in Skegness
- 10:37 Chelsea stars ‘texting’ ex-No.2 Steve Holland as relationship with...
- 10:37 Minister: Mortgage lenders 'should consider rent payment record'
- 10:37 Cromford canal tripboat scoops certificate of excellence
- 10:37 Police involved in 21 operations to tackle modern slavery and human...
- 10:36 16 essential non-food items your local foodbank needs this Christmas
- 10:36 Walney residents report 'abandoned' car left on main road for four...
- 10:36 Want to sleep like a baby? Don't shut your eyes, keep them wide...
- 10:36 Two men attack victim in bungled robbery
- 10:36 Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak admits he WON'T upgrade to the £999...
- 10:35 Hero Harry is honoured for D-Day bravery
- 10:35 EastEnders star Lorna Fitzgerald opens up about her exit as...
- 10:35 Thief jailed for syringe threat
- 10:35 Justin Bieber fan, 40, arrested at star’s home
- 10:35 Tot almost killed when she is dragged inside faulty tumble dryer
- 10:35 Woman faked pregnancy and cancer to scam charity out of almost £1,300
- 10:35 'You b****!' Mum's shock as talking doll from Argos 'swears' at...
- 10:34 SYHA announce refurbishment of flagship Glen Nevis hostel