Syria conflict: Air strikes resume on rebel-held Aleppo
Warplanes have bombed besieged rebel-held eastern districts of the Syrian city of Aleppo for the first time in three weeks, a monitoring group says.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that the Haidariya, Masakin Hanano and Sheikh Faris areas were hit.
The Syrian government's ally, Russia, halted air strikes in mid-October to allow civilians and rebels to leave.
Activists fear the resumption signals that the government's assault on the east will now be stepped up.
Earlier, a hospital in a rebel-held village west of Aleppo was reportedly bombed, the third medical facility to... read more
- 16:12 RNLI figures show increase for Northumberland lifeboat crews
- 16:12 Welcome to Chester's chocolate factory
- 16:12 Do you know this man?
- 16:11 Suspect in school machete incident appears in court
- 16:11 Police 'wanted' man appeal: Have you seen this suspected burglar...
- 16:11 Stabbing victim Aiden McAteer's family tell of shock at home attack
- 16:11 Hilton shoplifter stole garlic and tomatoes worth £1 from Tesco
- 16:11 Wife beating cricketer Mustafa Bashir could have his sentence...
- 16:10 This is when Beauty and the Beast Chip mugs will be back in Primark
- 16:10 Revealed: Ambitious bid to send Channel 4 to Coventry
- 16:10 Some 146 migrants feared dead after shipwreck, sole survivor says
- 16:10 Do you recognise these watches?
- 16:08 Fantasy Football Tips: The transfers you should make for Gameweek 30
- 16:07 RNLI figures show increase for Northumberland lifeboat crews
- 16:07 Knitted chicks set to boost funds
- 16:07 Everything you need to know ahead of May's local elections in...
- 16:07 New property firm Watsons Estate Agency opens in Kimberley
- 16:07 See New Year's Eve road menace take police on 100mph pursuit in...
- 16:07 The Whitehouse in Sawley is to close and re-open as a tapas...
- 16:07 School cuts: 'Education is in crisis. We’re being asked to do more,...
- 16:06 Lord Jordan encourages Claverdon School pupils to grasp opportunities
- 16:06 Call goes out for your funny pet photos
- 16:06 Suspicious incident reported in Radford Semele
- 16:06 Merseyrail reveals Grand National day plans for train services...
- 16:06 Analysis: Brexit letter brings change of tone from PM
- 16:06 VIDEO: Fire closes off part of Mansfield town centre
- 16:06 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:05 President Hollande ‘Brexit will be PAINFUL for the British’
- 16:05 Engineers repair Syria's Tabqa dam spillways after shelling
- 16:05 Park on the kerb or the grass verge? You could soon be fined for...