Swiss Exchange confident of post-Brexit access to EU stock market
The SIX Swiss Exchange said on Wednesday it was confident it can continue serving investors in the European Union without having to set up a new exchange after Britain exits the EU.
Switzerland is not part of the EU and currently serves customers in the bloc from a base in London. With Britain leaving the EU, it has to find another way of linking up with its continental European customers.
Chris Landis, chief executive of the SIX Swiss Exchange, said he was in talks with EU officials about serving customers under a system known as "equivalence".
This refers to a non-EU country... read more
- 11:04 Can you help broaden horizons for family show specialists?
- 11:03 Appeal to trace relatives of Wakefield man after his death
- 11:02 Liverpool target Alisson pulls off ‘incredible’ skill during match...
- 11:01 Who controls the world's most toxic chemicals?
- 11:01 Daphne the duck: Giant inflatable found off Perth after Australian...
- 11:00 French consulate worker accused of smuggling guns to Gaza
- 11:00 Motorcyclist dies after Cuckney crash
- 11:00 Barcelona star Lionel Messi doesn't get punished for dissent like I...
- 11:00 SPECIAL REPORT: The homes in Northampton so bad they are making...
- 11:00 Appeal to trace relatives of Wakefield man after his death
- 10:59 Elderly South Yorkshire man followed and robbed by van driver
- 10:59 Snow causing disruption to Sheffield bin collections
- 10:59 Call for artists to take part in Buxton Spa Prize
- 10:59 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:59 Ten things that make you realise why you love Wigan
- 10:58 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:58 European team of the week based on stats: Real Madrid, Inter Milan,...
- 10:58 'I need some explanation' When one West Brom old boy forgets...
- 10:58 Yet another weather warning issued for Birmingham on Tuesday by Met...
- 10:58 Bullring co-owner rejects takeover bid by French investor
- 10:57 Driver tells firefighters to ‘f*** off’ after blocking them in to...
- 10:57 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:57 Water supplies cut off to houses in Southam this morning
- 10:56 UK growth muted despite increasing worldwide demand
- 10:56 Law firm Burness Paull named as 2017’s top dealmaker
- 10:56 'Abandoned' former Sutton pub could be turned into apartments
- 10:56 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:56 Kevin Pietersen reveals why he decided to retire from cricket:...
- 10:55 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:55 Snow causing disruption to Sheffield bin collections