Swan disrupts rush-hour traffic in Leicester
A renegade swan disrupted morning rush-hour traffic after going walkabout in Leicester city centre.
The animal was photographed by commuter Marta Masia sauntering along the A47 St Nicholas Circle, by the Holiday Inn hotel, at 8am on Tuesday.
It looked without a care in the world as it occupied a whole lane to itself, yards from the River Soar.
Motorists were careful to avoid the unexpected fellow road user.
It is thought the swan managed to steer clear of harm and eventually made its way off the carriageway.
A spokesman for Leicester ATC said the incident was not caught on its cameras and... read more
- 04:31 Public asked to stay away from Cardigan Bay dolphins
- 04:31 Alana Mian and Hameeda Begum: Bolton arson probe continues
- 04:06 Syrian barrel bomb attack on rebels jeopardises US-Russia deal
- 03:58 Unravelling the mystery of Akon's Wakanda
- 03:41 Mesut Ozil to request Arsenal’s No.10 shirt after Jack Wilshere’s exit
- 03:31 Eureka turns training pitch for girls
- 02:45 Momentum chief Jon Lansman's 'run on pound' fear
- 02:39 BREAKING: Ex-South Korean Prime Minister Kim Jong-Pil has died
- 02:32 Is racism worsening Australia's China influence row?
- 02:32 Turkey's elections explained in 100 and 500 words
- 02:31 Ariana Grande boasts about size of Pete Davidson's manhood in...
- 02:31 Priyanka Chopra takes Nick Jonas to Mumbai! Actress wears racy...
- 02:31 Victoria Beckham flashes a glimpse of her bra under her semi-sheer...
- 02:31 Love Island: Dumped Rosie takes a swipe at Lauren Goodger following...
- 02:31 Ant McPartlin 'offers Lisa Armstrong their London home in a bid to...
- 02:31 Newsreader Natasha Kaplinsky's eight-year-old daughter suffers...
- 02:31 Meghan Trainor flashes cleavage and her giant engagement ring at...
- 02:18 Anthony Bourdain: Chef's mother plans memorial tattoo
- 02:14 Why many mums are better than one
- 02:05 Forced asset sales by banks destroying farmers' lives, Nationals...
- 02:04 When the going gets tough, the tough get mucky
- 01:50 North Korean propaganda changes its tune
- 01:33 Teens on 9-1 GCSEs: 'Everyone's worried about grade boundaries'
- 01:33 Meet Game of Thrones' woman of weapons
- 01:25 The Aquarius: Migrant taxi service or charitable rescuers?
- 01:23 Tom Richmond: Tories could pay dearly for their attitude to the North
- 01:22 Codebreaking Bombe moves to computer museum
- 01:21 Charity issues plea to parents as holidays end
- 01:21 Renting a way of life in hard-up Britain
- 01:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Brexit crash landing fears. Airbus chief...