Sutton Coldfield Town Library to close in latest council cut
Sutton Coldfield Town Library has been earmarked for closure because council bosses say it is too expensive to run and does not get enough visitors.
The decision to axe the library, based in the Red Rose Shopping Centre, has been slammed by local councillors who have launched a petition.
Details of the closure of one of Birmingham’s biggest community libraries emerged ahead of the Labour run council’s announcement of a major overhaul of the city’s community libraries. Staff were being told of plans early today.
The Red Rose shopping centre was bought for £10.4 million by the Labour run... read more
- 12:21 John Lewis, Oliver Bonas and Very Exclusive: Accessories we want...
- 12:21 England women draw inspiration for Spain win by meeting up with...
- 12:21 You can get flights for £2 – but you have to book today
- 12:21 Nathaniel Chalobah only made his Chelsea debut this season after...
- 12:21 Child car seats recalled over safety fears
- 12:21 Northern Powerhouse 'all but cancelled' say Labour MPs
- 12:21 More trains for Hartlepool’s Christmas shoppers
- 12:20 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award
- 12:20 President Obama ridiculed on Snapchat by daughter Sasha
- 12:19 Multi-agency effort to tackle underage drinking in Alnwick
- 12:19 Simulating wildfires through technology
- 12:18 Prisoner goes missing
- 12:18 Wheels come off as Boxing Day pram race gets the push
- 12:18 Lancashire MP in battle against money laundering
- 12:18 Hartlepool United's season and Craig Hignett's reign in numbers
- 12:18 Under the Radar: The Blet Project
- 12:18 Charity takes on new boss
- 12:18 Book review: Autumn, by Ali Smith
- 12:18 Two men fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award
- 12:17 Court round-up: Grantham area defendants brought before magistrates
- 12:17 Six of the best pumpkin ideas and how to make them
- 12:16 City's Big Bang anniversary overshadowed by Brexit concerns
- 12:15 How the humble shed is helping Barnsley men to beat loneliness
- 12:15 Theatre director Howard Davies dies aged 71
- 12:15 Get dressed up this Halloween for knock down prices to Twycross Zoo
- 12:15 Former boss of Glasgow's defunct Arches appointed artistic director...
- 12:15 Scots pay gap falls between men and women
- 12:15 16 dogs with a Hallowe'en costume better than yours
- 12:14 Exhibition of photographer’s work featuring Jarrow march on show