Suspended Wallasey Labour members penalised because of 'one or two individuals'
Wallasey Labour party is being penalised because of “one or two individuals” according to one of its members.
A report approved by Labour party chiefs says that Wallasey MP Angela Eagle was subject to homophobic abuse and targeted because she challenged leader Jeremy Corbyn.
Paul Davies, who has acted a spokesman for new members of the Wallasey Labour party, said: “If there has been any abuse of any sort towards Angela or anyone else because of her decision to stand in a democratic process that is wrong and unacceptable.”
However, he was critical of the decision to keep the party suspended... read more
- 10:27 Afghan migrant arrested after rape and murder of EU official’s...
- 10:26 Crash blocks off A151 in Lincolnshire town
- 10:25 Japan PM to visit Hawaii to remember Pearl Harbor victims with Obama
- 10:24 The best seats in the sky: Top 10 airline cabins for first,...
- 10:23 Greece can be competitive once makes reforms - Schaeuble
- 10:22 Bad Aibling train crash: German controller jailed
- 10:22 Bin set alight on Doncaster playground
- 10:22 Lorry catches alight on M1
- 10:22 Couple appeal for help to identify their dog's mystery illness
- 10:20 47-year-old man charged with maritime offence as man remains...
- 10:20 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 10:20 Horton’s Endoscopy unit opens after £2.7 million revamp
- 10:19 Swadlincote salon appeals for help raising money for community...
- 10:19 Find out the locations of speed cameras across Derbyshire this week
- 10:19 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 10:19 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 10:18 Bank announces shock closure of 14 branches
- 10:17 This website will find you freelancers who’ll work for free
- 10:16 Man arrested following high street bank robbery
- 10:15 DEBATE: Should drug booths be set up in nightclubs?
- 10:15 ''I'll leave rubbish at Council House!' - anger at NO Derby bin...
- 10:14 Update 4.40pm: Man dies in road accident at Sibsey, near Boston
- 10:14 Platypus venom paves way to possible diabetes treatment
- 10:14 BMA calls for complete ban on smoking in vehicles
- 10:13 West Ham to splash cash in January: Striker and defender on...
- 10:13 Hartlepool boss Craig Hignett faces key questions this week
- 10:13 Pools boss denies using foul language to official
- 10:13 European shares shrug off Italian worries as focus turns to ECB
- 10:13 China urges India not to 'complicate' border dispute as Tibetan...
- 10:12 Dunfermline Sky staff donate backpacks for child refugees