Suspended service! China unveils its first ever elevated monorail where carriages are HUNG from the tracks like a rollercoaster
China's first suspended railway has completed its test run without a hitch on Friday.
The hanging train carriages were filmed in action in the city of Chengdu as they zipped along the elevated monorail at speeds of 60kmph.
According to reports, the tests will continue until engineers have given it the all-clear but as of yet, no official opening date has been announced.
Scroll down for video
Instead of electricity, the suspension system is powered by lithium batteries.
Zhai Wanming, chief designer of the project, told People's Daily China, that the new train is more cost-effective and... read more
- 16:24 Should you give money to street beggars? What police and charities say
- 16:24 Owners of The Grapes give update on future of iconic pub after closure
- 16:22 Scottish fathers in low-income jobs less likely to take paternity...
- 16:21 When Harry met Antony
- 16:21 Raising a glass to Baroness Bacon: Ale goes on tap in Parliament to...
- 16:21 Berkeley hits peak profits as it warns of London housing slump
- 16:19 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 16:19 Tall Ships Races 2018: The 55 ships taking part in this year’s...
- 16:18 Raising a glass to Baroness Bacon: Ale goes on tap in Parliament to...
- 16:18 Are you guilty of Gatsbying?
- 16:17 Axel Tuanzebe and Aston Villa: What next for the Manchester United...
- 16:17 'Announce Yacob new contract' - West Brom fans react to departing trio
- 16:17 Syria war: War crimes committed in Eastern Ghouta battle - UN
- 16:17 Celebs Go Dating wants Brummie singles to feature in new series
- 16:17 Residents won't use "hopeless" bus services in Solihull, warning
- 16:17 Tenancy fraud cases cost Solihull Council more than £1.5m
- 16:17 Pub's strict new rules for England game after rowdy fans cause mayhem
- 16:16 Sheffield tech hub full after 400 move in
- 16:15 WWE legend Vader dies aged 63
- 16:15 Art prize for Eyemouth High pupil
- 16:14 Council at cutting edge as verge works start
- 16:14 Labour looks for community organiser in Northumberland
- 16:14 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 16:14 Time passes more slowly for flies, study finds
- 16:13 Empty 'ghost' school costing Liverpool taxpayers £12,000 a DAY -...
- 16:13 Police who saved drug dealer from sinking car to receive bravery award
- 16:13 Police confirm death of Burnley road traffic accident victim
- 16:13 Lottery winners announced in Padiham
- 16:12 Upmarket restaurant chain Prescott and Conran collapses into...
- 16:11 Should you give money to street beggars? What police and charities say