Suspended sentence for Doncaster man found with sex abuse images involving animals and children as young as five
A Doncaster man found to be in possession of over 2,000 indecent images, including ones involving bestiality and sex abuse carried out against children as young as five, has been given a suspended prison sentence.
During a hearing at Sheffield Crown Court this afternoon, Recorder David Kelly sentenced Michael Oliver to eight months in prison, suspended for 18-months, after the 58-year-old pleaded guilty to four charges relating to the possession of indecent and extreme pornographic images at an earlier hearing.
Prosecuting, Susan Evans, told the court how Oliver's offending first came to... read more
- 13:15 East Midlands businesses invited to comment on Heathrow Airport...
- 13:15 Final beam in place on iconic building
- 13:15 Leyland woman accused of murdering baby denies the accusation
- 13:15 Preston traders affected by improvement works say it's business as...
- 13:14 Man who sparked manhunt after walking out of magistrates court...
- 13:14 Met Office warns that Lincolnshire is facing nine hours of...
- 13:14 Funding page set up to pay for funeral of woman who died on New...
- 13:13 Guinea healer held over faking hundreds of pregnancies
- 13:13 UN alarmed as US cuts aid to Palestinian refugee agency
- 13:12 Rare first edition Harry Potter worth £40,000 stolen
- 13:12 Police Academy director Hugh Wilson dies
- 13:12 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:12 PICTURES: Busy Mansfield road closed after car hits pedestrian
- 13:11 ‘New California’ declares independence to become 51st US state
- 13:09 Sir Desmond Swayne 'embarrassed' by Commons snooze
- 13:09 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:09 Quiz: How much of a Stormzy fan are you?
- 13:09 NHS 'haemorrhaging' nurses, experts say
- 13:09 Liverpool's Marko Grujic to join Cardiff on loan as Middlesbrough...
- 13:09 Floyd Mayweather rides a horse on the beach as boxing legend...
- 13:09 Businessman throws a lifeline to worried Carillion staff
- 13:09 Farewell to Ronaldinho, the first YouTube footballer: From...
- 13:08 Quiz: Could you pass Donald Trump's cognitive test?
- 13:08 Freedom of Hull given to city-born legendary actor Sir Tom Courtenay
- 13:07 More gales, rain and snow heading our way with Storm Georgina
- 13:07 Councillor to hear from constituents
- 13:07 Leeds United aim to rediscover their goal touch
- 13:07 Syrian refugees arrive in Leeds to be resettled across Yorkshire
- 13:07 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:06 Alexis Sanchez Man Utd deal: Why Man City cooled interest in...