Suspended Labour MP Simon Danczuk will not be charged with rape
An MP accused of rape dating back 10 years will not be charged following an investigation.
Simon Danczuk said he is ‘relieved’ that the case against him has been dropped.
Theresa May says the obsession with her shoes allows her to buy more Danczuk, who was suspended by the Labour Party, described the investigation by Lancashire Police as an ‘immensely stressful period for me and my family’.
The Crown Prosecution Service said no further action should be taken against the Rochdale MP because of insufficient evidence.
MORE: Ched Evans walks into rape trial hand-in-hand with fiancée Danczuk... read more
- 17:12 Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham want revenge after Gent's post-match...
- 17:12 Paul Merson: This is why Leicester will score against Liverpool on...
- 17:12 Part of M1 closed over safety concerns
- 17:12 Symantec sought to buy FireEye, talks end with no deal: sources
- 17:11 Part of M1 closed over safety concerns
- 17:11 'Gangster' shot by own gun, coroner rules
- 17:10 Manchester United 'target' Franck Kessie reveals ideal transfer...
- 17:09 Mother's Day 2017: Afternoon tea is on the menu at Weston Park for...
- 17:09 South Shields mum battles condition to set up business
- 17:09 Mother's Day 2017: Mums can enjoy a Mother's Day cruise with the...
- 17:09 Make your Mother's Day by jetting her off on a beach or city break...
- 17:09 These Leicester landmarks are still on Historic England's At Risk list
- 17:09 Storm Doris whips through Chorley
- 17:09 Historic Leicester bank building saved by £1.5m restaurant revamp
- 17:09 Video: Alexander McCall Smith on 44 Scotland Street
- 17:09 Benfica president jets in to discuss Nelson Semedo transfer to...
- 17:08 Part of M1 closed over safety concerns
- 17:08 Czech PM Sobotka says will run Industry Ministry temporarily
- 17:08 Turkey-backed forces seize control of centre of Syria's al-Bab -...
- 17:07 A proud moment: Thousands turn out to watch Junior Soldiers...
- 17:07 Drunk man throws rock through bus window and hits woman in Spring Bank
- 17:07 ‘Can you hear me?’: Residents warned to hang up on new phone scam
- 17:06 Roof at Burton's Magnet Kitchen store 'badly damaged' by Storm Doris
- 17:06 Council refuses to reveal if Burton taxi driver caught on mobile...
- 17:06 Tunisia attack: Families want 'neglect' inquest verdict
- 17:06 Advent raises bid in three-way tussle for in tussle for Stada
- 17:06 The mixed fortunes of Berwickshire towns
- 17:06 Duns Court has been unused for over two years
- 17:05 Premier League boss discusses Manchester United transfer
- 17:05 VIDEO: Watch as an illegal hare courser’s car seized by police is...