Suspended head teacher quits job
A HEADTEACHER who was suspended from his £84,000-a-year post has resigned.
Governors from St George’s School in Marton announced John Townsend was stepping down from the top role in a letter to parents.
The note cited “significant personal circumstances” as the reason for his shock departure.
The Gazette revealed on Saturday how Mr Townsend, who only took the reins in September, had been suspended from the Cherry Tree Road school around three weeks ago.
Governors once again cited a personal matter as the reason for the suspension.
The Gazette understands it is not connected to any issues... read more
- 07:34 Rio 2016 100m: When is Usain Bolt racing, who are the favourites...
- 07:33 Countrywide warns on results as Brexit hits property market
- 07:30 Salon gels in its first five months
- 07:33 Rolls-Royce first-half profit plunges but sticks to forecasts
- 07:30 Hop on board to become a National Express ambassador
- 07:30 Festival of Skills is set to be best yet
- 07:31 Ben Stokes' international summer hinges on injury check-up
- 07:33 Lloyds Banking Group to cut 3,000 jobs and close 200 branches
- 07:32 An hour's walk can cancel out eight hours behind a desk, scientists...
- 07:31 Darren Clarke backs Rory McIlroy to win third US PGA Championship
- 07:30 Lincolnshire Lakes decision hailed as significant milestone in £1.3...
- 07:32 Screwfix opens town store
- 07:30 Hartlepool United v Scunthorpe United PREVIEW: Iron set for final...
- 07:31 Cesc Fabregas sent off in Chelsea's victory over Liverpool in Los...
- 07:31 Marko Grujic sent to hospital after Chelsea beat Liverpool
- 07:30 Graham Alexander: Scunthorpe United places up for grabs ahead of...
- 07:30 A Royal knees-up for Queen Audrey's 80th birthday
- 07:30 Watch police video of banned driver chased through streets of...
- 07:30 Tributes to 33-year-old mum-of-two killed in A18 crash
- 07:30 Lloyds to cut 3,000 jobs and 200 branches as profits soar
- 07:30 Armed police to protect tourists flocking to French beaches as...
- 07:29 Winnie the Pooh cloud appears over children’s charity event in Dorset
- 07:28 Anglo American cuts net debt to $11.7 billion, on track for less...
- 07:28 Diageo returns to sales growth in line with estimates
- 07:28 Nottingham Forest LIVE: Fawaz Al Hasawi reacts to fans criticism...
- 07:28 Oil edges away from April lows but oversupply still weighs
- 07:28 Row over lack of housing in Calderdale
- 07:26 Nikkei falls as strong yen sours mood before BOJ decision
- 07:26 South Korea to expand tax benefits for R&D spending to drive new...
- 07:26 SoftBank first-quarter profit flat, profits at domestic telecoms...