Suspect in the Borussia Dortmund coach bombing testifies in court and claims that he didn't intend any harm
The suspect in last year's bombing of Borussia Dortmund's bus testified Monday that he carried out the attack but didn't intend to kill or hurt anyone.
The 28-year-old suspect, identified only as Sergej W. in line with German privacy rules, is charged with 28 counts of attempted murder, two counts of bodily harm and setting off an explosion. The trial opened last month.
Dortmund defender Marc Bartra and a police officer were injured when three explosions hit the bus as it left a hotel in the city for a Champions League game on April 11.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Lukas Podolski... read more
- 09:53 Extra hours, violence, stress and working while unwell
- 09:53 Major £167k grant for cancer charity
- 09:52 Woman targeted by robber in Doncaster street
- 09:52 Crews battle fire at veterinary surgery in Layton
- 09:52 Editor's letter: How your Harrogate Advertiser website is changing
- 09:52 PLASTIC CAMPAIGN: Lancaster and Morecambe businesses ditch the plastic
- 09:51 Thousands of grandparents are missing out on this Government money
- 09:50 Retail sales grow faster than expected in February
- 09:50 Why Adama Traore could come back to haunt Aston Villa
- 09:50 Reading next manager odds: Overwhelming favourite emerges to...
- 09:50 Plans lodged for new Rokeby school building
- 09:49 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:49 58 all out: England humiliated on first day of Test in New Zealand
- 09:49 Curiosity rover: 2,000 days on Mars
- 09:49 Instagram ‘influencers’ can flog stuff all day – but it’s weird...
- 09:48 Engineering new metal business
- 09:48 Trevor Bayliss lays into England flops after New Zealand skittle...
- 09:47 Wigan's Week In Court
- 09:47 Ooh la la! A hoppy twinning project for Wigan
- 09:47 Evacuee in Wigan learned to love lobscowse
- 09:46 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:46 Company scoops top award for third time
- 09:46 West Brom players were in tears after Bournemouth loss, admits...
- 09:46 Seaham Hall shortlisted for national tourism accolade
- 09:45 Two lads seen in Barrow 'are still missing' say police
- 09:45 £2.5m plans revealed to transform entrance to Whitehaven
- 09:45 Thousands of public sector workers go on strike across France
- 09:45 Post-Brexit passports ‘to be made in France’
- 09:44 Potholes: Is this the worst road in Harborough?
- 09:44 Axholme Bridleways Association clears up East Lound path