Surfer mauled by shark stays conscious to direct his own first aid
Not many people would be able to direct their own first aid if a shark bit off their leg.
But Joseph Tanner clearly isn’t most people.
Beauty queen sparks outrage after comparing Fillipino president to Hitler The 29-year-old from Portland was surfing near Indian Beach, in the US state of Oregon, when a shark suddenly attacked him as he was sitting on his board.
Another surfer Steve Gehrig saw the whole thing.
‘He kind of just lurched real funny,’ Gehrig said. ‘It looked like he had slipped off his board, but a little more violently than you would see someone slip off their board. And I was... read more
- 12:48 Burnley school chosen for launch of campaign to encourage children...
- 12:48 YP Letters: Russell Watson just too loud for Royal Hall audience
- 12:48 West Brom next manager odds: Flurry of bets on surprise candidate
- 12:48 YP Letters: Customs union move another nail in the coffin for House...
- 12:48 Two vehicle crash causing heavy traffic on west Cumbria road
- 12:48 Mikael Forssell - a look back at Birmingham City's most 'merciless'...
- 12:48 Why supporters face danger in Rome... Roma ultras run riot in the...
- 12:47 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:47 Windscreen of Flybe passenger jet cracks at 12,000ft minutes after...
- 12:47 Is this the UK's most remote eco-home? Unique 'pod' on the Isle of...
- 12:46 Wembley Stadium set to be sold by FA in astonishing £800m deal as...
- 12:45 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:45 BREAKING: Ulverston Beehive hub approved
- 12:44 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:44 Tristan Thompson grateful ‘there’s someone else people can be angry...
- 12:44 Jodie Marsh’s ex James Placido remarries months after bitter divorce
- 12:43 Deutsche Bank plans 'significant' job cuts
- 12:43 'You can’t just keep saying sorry': readers on Amber Rudd and Windrush
- 12:42 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:42 Man jailed in connection with Underley Hall abuse
- 12:41 Big event in support of Alfie Evans and his family to be held at...
- 12:41 Cheers! It's a Beautiful World for award-winning Leicester pub boss...
- 12:41 Funding bids worth £1.1m are prepared
- 12:40 Lionel Messi wins EU court battle to trademark his own name after...
- 12:40 Sheffield murder victim's funeral to be held next week
- 12:39 Four Seasons app review: a concierge in your pocket
- 12:39 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:39 Facebook accused of bullying by MPs
- 12:37 Thames Valley Police Constable who feigned injury quits
- 12:37 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable