Superheroes farewell for Carlisle schoolboy 'whose smile would light up any room'
Superheroes assembled to give one Marvel-mad teenager a truly fitting send-off.
Batman, Superman, Captain America, Iron Man and more turned up to the funeral of 15-year-old Callum Todd yesterday as the youngster's friends and family made sure his love of all things superhero shone through.
Despite it being a dark and damp day the range of colourful costumes and comic book t-shirts brightened up the sombre occasion ensuring Callum's passion was at the forefront of everyone's thoughts.
Callum, who was a pupil at Carlisle's James Rennie School, died on October 2 and such was his popularity... read more
- 11:47 Dashcam drive from Hessle to Hull Paragon Station...in 1996!
- 11:46 New Zealand make early inroads in third Test against South Africa...
- 11:46 Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi wants to be his own man: 'I have...
- 11:46 Gianluigi Buffon joined an elite club by playing in the 1,000th...
- 11:47 Etchings that once sparked a royal row go on show
- 11:46 Luiz Felipe Scolari denies he will retire from coaching at the end...
- 11:46 Seamus Coleman will come back 'fitter and stronger' from horrific...
- 11:46 Daniel Ricciardo apologises to Red Bull after Australian GP...
- 11:46 Young boy spots 'Friendly Paedophile' following Weelsby Academy...
- 11:45 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:45 Egyptian court suspends jail sentence against journalists
- 11:44 New car tax rules and TV licence fees to rise - new laws coming...
- 11:44 Bradley Lowery's excitement ahead of leading out England with 'best...
- 11:43 Battle for Mosul: Residents flee ahead of air strikes
- 11:42 Charities outline their work to club
- 11:42 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:37 17-year-old amateur boxer dies after collapsing in ring
- 11:36 Blyth students enjoy a trip to New York
- 11:36 Shane Long: This is what Seamus Coleman was like on the field after...
- 11:34 Why I get mistaken for being drunk
- 11:34 The Great War in the voices of the people
- 11:34 Belford GP to retire in April after 35 years
- 11:34 The man taught to have sex by lesbians
- 11:34 Man carrying rifle in Crook street arrested
- 11:34 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:32 Traffic lights on A590 at Lindal still in place
- 11:32 Chocolate bars could get smaller after Brexit warns Cadbury
- 11:31 Horror as abandoned Bulldog is found with horrific skin condition