Super-trim Hayley's loss is life's gain
A CHADDERTON woman has gone from using a wheelchair to now being able to go swimming, thanks to her local Slimming World group.
Hayley Goulden (31) piled on weight due to a lack of mobility caused by osteoarthritis in her knee.
She joined the group at the Crossley Centre, in Denton Lane, when it launched 13 weeks ago and has already lost two stones.
She said: "When I joined I actually joined in a wheelchair following surgery. I was so fed up with the way I looked and felt about myself, so I decided to join Jay's group.
"In that time I have lost two stone and feel so much happier... read more
- 08:06 Why aren’t we buying tampons anymore?
- 08:06 Hurrah for Gin! These gin drawings perfectly capture the struggles...
- 08:06 Chinese New Year: Find out which animal you are and what that means
- 08:06 RPT-Brexit drives push for bigger Frankfurt role in exchange merger
- 08:05 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 08:05 Preston’s Harris in danger of ‘mutilation’ says society
- 08:04 Who are the runners and riders for the top job at Hartlepool United?
- 08:04 Colliery clean-up recruits the community for 10-week project
- 08:04 Police appeal after Hartlepool cyclist injured in hit and run
- 08:04 Nelson and Colne College launch new University Centre
- 08:04 Medication stolen from vehicle
- 08:04 Hartlepool show patience in hunt to find new manager
- 08:04 Sunderland boss hoping for more than one signing
- 08:04 Judges to decide who has priority on a bus - wheelchair users or prams
- 08:04 The morning news headlines: Theresa May faces questioning by MPs...
- 08:03 Pictures from inside Pulse nightclub reveal devastation of worst...
- 08:03 Outsourcer Mitie replaces finance chief as it issues another profit...
- 08:03 Premier Foods lowers year profit forecast after weak third quarter
- 08:01 Chelsea done deal: Player leaks news he's signed Blues contract
- 08:01 Ander Herrera turns up at Juan Mata's house before training… and...
- 08:00 Manchester United star reacts to extending Old Trafford stay
- 08:00 Drink-driver could be sent to jail after breaching suspended sentence
- 07:59 Sheffield residents urged to be vigilant after spate of burglaries
- 07:59 WARNING: South Yorkshire residents targeted in 'Migrant Helpline' scam
- 07:59 Acclaimed artist links up with school for new project
- 07:59 Grant Thorold Library set to get major improvements thanks to huge...
- 07:58 1000 holidaymakers flown home from Gambia amid unrest fears
- 07:57 Woman raped by 'Daddy' as a child only discovered monster WASN'T...
- 07:57 FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted: The nightmarish tales of America's most...
- 07:57 Drink-driver could be sent to jail after breaching suspended sentence