Sunderland walk-in health centre to close
PLANS to create a new walk-in health centre at Sunderland Royal Hospital have been given the green light by NHS chiefs.
It means that the minor injuries unit at Grindon Lane Primary Care Centre will close, with another opening at Houghton PCC.
Health bosses admitted last spring that the creation of four walk-in centres had failed to significantly reduce the strain on Sunderland Royal’s A&E department.
Following a consultation period the decision has now been rubber stamped but it has not yet been decided yet where at the hospital the new 24-hour unit will be.
Walk-in centres at... read more
- 08:37 INHERITANCE TAX: More families falling into death duty trap
- 08:37 GSK ignores Brexit fears and invests £275M in UK
- 08:36 Businesswoman offers help for out-of-work BHS staff
- 08:36 Jail for divorcee if he stays in home
- 08:36 Not-for-profit business lender notches up almost £10m in loans
- 08:35 Michelle Obama gave the speech the US was waiting for: Torcuil...
- 08:35 Fresh strike threat to Southern and Gatwick Express rail services
- 08:35 MPs see Heathrow expansion as top priority for the economy, poll shows
- 08:35 Convicted sex offender admits new offence after lie detector test
- 08:34 Prison officers 'scared to go into work' at Salford jail as warden...
- 08:34 Video: Ex-Manchester United man Angel Di Maria scores goal from a boat
- 08:34 Economy expected to post growth slowdown as GDP figures are published
- 08:32 Angry teen accuses Subway of not giving her a job because of...
- 08:32 Police to undergo specialist training to tackle criminals taking to...
- 08:32 Councillors call to enlist the Grimsby Telegraph to help improve...
- 08:32 Economy expected to post growth slowdown as GDP figures are published
- 08:31 Quarter of over-60s are unhappy with their lack of a sex life...
- 08:31 Driver threatened in cash machine raid
- 08:31 YORKSHIRE DAY COUNTDOWN: What are Yorkshire's top 10 icons?
- 08:31 Property: Muston Road, Filey, £325,000
- 08:29 Cute alert! Watch as one-month old twin pandas welcome first batch...
- 08:29 Fleet Preservation Trust steps in with cash aid for Gedney Drove...
- 08:29 Economy expected to post growth slowdown as GDP figures are published
- 08:28 Consultants paid £1k for four hours' work in hospital overtime splurge
- 08:28 Convicted sex offender admits new offence after lie detector test
- 08:27 Eye and smell tests may reveal early dementia signs
- 08:27 Go-ahead given for £15m emergency services 'blue light' project
- 08:27 Consultants paid £1k for four hours' work in hospital overtime splurge
- 08:26 Halifax inmate caught with mobile phone given extended sentence
- 08:25 Kim Jong Un is getting really good at pointing at things