Sunderland resident taken to hospital after chip pan fire
A Sunderland resident has been taken to hospital after a chip pan blaze at their Sunderland home. Fire fighters from Marley Park, Sunderland Central and North Moor fire stations were called to a fire in a seventh floor flat in at Eglinton Tower in Monkwearmouth.
Crews arrived at the high-rise property at 6.07pm on October 11 and were able to put out the fire within 30 minutes using breathing apparatus.
A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to ventilate the property which was 100% moderately damaged by smoke,
The occupier of the flat was taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital suffering... read more
- 09:24 Unsafe railway bridge needs to be demolished, says Network Rail
- 09:24 The Bay Gateway: Exclusive preview of the new road
- 09:24 Attack victim Ben is out of coma and talking to family
- 09:23 Wales Rally GB in Chester: Everything you need to know
- 09:23 Smail Ayad charged in Australia with second British backpacker murder
- 09:23 Chris Tarrant: Since I had a stroke I've been taking a lot more...
- 09:22 Historic Warwick sites recognised as being ‘at risk’
- 09:21 Junior Football: Free-scoring Gartcairn keep Junior Cup dream alive
- 09:20 Nissan announcement is ‘fantastic’, say suppliers
- 09:20 Mental health services must improve at 127 NHS groups, figures show
- 09:19 Care home near Market Drayton is told to improve standards
- 09:18 Liverpool had to steal Trent Alexander-Arnold away from...
- 09:18 Guards hurt in robbery at bank
- 09:17 National Sperm Bank in Birmingham forced to stop recruiting new donors
- 09:16 Local history: Buried alive? Past Calderdale funeral customs
- 09:15 Imitation gun pointed at woman
- 09:14 Tamim Iqbal and Mominul Haque leave Bangladesh in control at lunch
- 09:14 AUDIO: Heartbreaking 999 call from terrified elderly woman...
- 09:14 IAG cuts 2016 forecast on sterling weakness
- 09:14 Flight of financial activity from UK likely in 'hard Brexit' -...
- 09:14 Daryl Powell commits future to Castleford
- 09:14 British Cycling asked to explain TUEs at select committee hearing
- 09:14 Chelsea ace receives surprise praise from Premier League captain:...
- 09:14 Premier League referees: Which official does your side win the most...
- 09:13 Lots of laughs as Laura Lexx plays city comedy festival
- 09:12 Park protected by charitable status
- 09:12 Suspect casually stops at drive thru during high-speed police chase
- 09:11 Andrew proves there is life after redundancy and is nominated for...
- 09:11 Dog with deformed paw left tied to lamppost in Eastwood
- 09:11 AUDIO: Heartbreaking 999 call from terrified elderly woman...