Suicide verdict given on man hit by train near West Bromwich
Stuart Oakley, aged 58, from Bustleholme Lane, took his own life on July 27 at Charlemont level crossing not far from Sandwell Valley Country Park.
He had a history of anxiety and depression but had only been in contact with mental health practitioners in the lead up to his death.
Mr Oakley, who was an industrial chemist and regional sales manager for the UK and Europe, would travel around the country for his work, Black Country Coroners Court heard.
His daughter, Sian Barber, said he had no financial or relationship problems and had never expressed thoughts of self harm.
Speaking at the... read more
- 06:22 Mark Robins hoping for this impact as Coventry City boss lauds star
- 06:20 Charlotte Johnson: Botanics pushes the boat out with shoreline...
- 06:21 World Bank recommends fewer regulations protecting workers
- 06:20 Brian Wilson: Racist Windrush scandal echoes Scots’ slave trade shame
- 06:20 Anton Muscatelli: Brexit talks should have this inevitable conclusion
- 06:20 Jim Duffy: The seven top signs you are getting old
- 06:20 Fancy dress runners urged to reconsider ahead of ‘hottest Marathon’...
- 06:18 Hartlepool knitters needed to help dementia patients
- 06:18 Two Royal Navy ship visits boost links with Hartlepool
- 06:18 What a scorcher - with the sun expected to continue today
- 06:18 Dad chased by security guard after stealing air fresheners worth £52
- 06:18 New owners for Hartlepool’s Stadium plant
- 06:18 Almost third of house fires were arson
- 06:18 Crackenedge’s double hopes are ended by Callaghan Cup defeat to...
- 06:18 Rangers held to draw by relegation rivals Medics
- 06:17 Tigger the sneaky cat won’t stop stealing children’s ball pit balls
- 06:14 Retro games arcade to open in Bullring
- 06:14 Awesome Chips opens in Birmingham city centre - and it doesn't sell...
- 06:14 Brave Amelia has leg reattached backwards - so she can dance again
- 06:14 Pupils could get every Friday afternoon off in timetable shake-up...
- 06:14 Christian Benteke sparks Aston Villa frenzy as claret and blue...
- 06:12 One dead after fire at London flats for adults with...
- 06:11 Chelsea star Gary Cahill sends defiant message to doubters after...
- 06:10 Chester council admits wrongly claiming potholes had been fixed
- 06:09 Sydney man who joined Syrian rebels says he did not fight and was...
- 06:05 Headshave to help send Rushden girl on dream holiday
- 06:05 PNE bid to take next step in Championship play-off race against...
- 06:05 Welingborough charity’s bid to increase its opening hours and help...
- 06:05 Supercar dream comes true for Wellingborough boy with brain injury
- 06:03 Liverpool news: Didier Drogba has classy Mohamed Salah message...