Suicide rate much higher for people receiving mental health care at home
Some 200 suicides occur every year among those receiving crisis resolution and home treatment (CRHT) - three times the figure for inpatients.
Experts behind the new study - from the University of Manchester's National Confidential Inquiry into Suicide and Homicide by People with Mental Illness (NCISH) - questioned whether there was too much reliance on home treatment.
Their report said "crisis teams are unlikely to be a safe setting for patients at high risk or who live alone".
A CHRT team is a group of mental health professionals who support a person at home during a mental... read more
- 15:03 Sunderland school sets pupils on path to employment
- 15:02 Why Mohamed Salah is already the best finisher at Liverpool FC
- 15:02 'I didn't intend to kill him' says man accused of murdering David...
- 15:02 What I want my eldest child to know before he starts high school
- 15:02 Paolo Nutini to play Paisley Abbey to support town's City of...
- 15:01 When does Wimbledon 2017 start, when is the draw, order of play...
- 15:01 South Yorkshire students celebrate outstanding achievements
- 15:01 US STOCKS-Wall St boosted by tech stocks, rebound in oil prices
- 15:01 Former Brazilian finance minister Palocci to 12 years in prison
- 15:01 British folklore and fairy tales ‘dying out’
- 15:01 Eyewitness describes moment bomb disposal experts pulled up on his...
- 15:00 Ex-Bayern Munich goalkeeper joins Hartlepool United
- 15:00 Chance to vote for film to be screened at Hartlepool Waterfront...
- 14:59 VIDEO: Neighbour speaks of shock after man’s death on a Stanley...
- 14:59 RAF reserve Leeds nurse who helped saved motorway bridge fall man's...
- 14:59 One in five Brits would rather date a pet owner
- 14:59 Normanton schoolgirl Erin Connell impresses Pixie Lott on The Voice...
- 14:59 Oldest part of city set for a revamp
- 14:59 Tom Hardy poses for selfies at Nuneaton garage
- 14:59 Arsenal swapping Alexis Sanchez for Sergio Aguero won't be a good...
- 14:58 Patients relying on crowdfunding to buy wheelchairs, doctor warns
- 14:58 Happy birthday Bridlington library
- 14:58 Coach park move is one step closer
- 14:57 Where can I buy a Corbyn 'Nike' t-shirt that took Glastonbury by...
- 14:57 Man to appear in crown court charged with attacking police
- 14:57 Good bye Robin Hood, Nessy and King Arthur? British folklore and...
- 14:57 Patients relying on crowdfunding to buy wheelchairs, doctor warns
- 14:56 Fake ID used in bid to buy Rolex watch
- 14:56 New pathway will help cyclists and walkers to avoid busy town roads
- 14:55 Congo finds 10 more mass graves in insurgency-hit Kasai region