Suicide rate much higher for people receiving mental health care at home
People with mental health problems who are cared for by community crisis teams are far more likely to kill themselves than those treated in hospital, research shows.
Some 200 suicides occur every year among those receiving crisis resolution and home treatment (CRHT) - three times the figure for inpatients.
Experts behind the new study - from the University of Manchester's National Confidential Inquiry into Suicide and Homicide by People with Mental Illness (NCISH) - questioned whether there was too much reliance on home treatment.
Their report said "crisis teams are unlikely to be a... read more
- 19:24 Kate Middleton in pictures: Duchess wore GREEN to the BAFTAS...
- 19:22 Northumberland County Council: Tories' first budget approved
- 19:21 At least 13 injured after ‘explosion’ on board ferry at Mexico resort
- 19:20 Want to know about T rex? Chase an ibis around a track, scientists say
- 19:19 BRITs 2018 winners list: Who won what at iconic awards bash?
- 19:19 Shape of Water: Is Guillermo del Toro's movie a HELLBOY prequel? Is...
- 19:15 BREAKING: At least 12 injured after horror ferry explosion in...
- 19:15 Strike Back season 6 spoilers: Neighbours star spills all on on-set...
- 19:15 Jose Mourinho gives ANGRY response to Paul Pogba questions after...
- 19:13 Sevilla vs Man Utd LIVE: Champions League minute-by-minute updates
- 19:13 Sevilla vs Manchester United: Ray Wilkins makes HUGE claim ahead of...
- 19:13 Trevor Sinclair comes out of retirement to sign for Squires Gate
- 19:10 Woman suffers 'deep cut' on her head after being hit by bottle in...
- 19:10 Family's heartbreak after late gran's jewellery stolen from their...
- 19:09 Almost 5,000 asthma inhalers are recalled as charity warns faulty...
- 19:09 £9million improvement scheme for North York Moors Railway approved
- 19:08 Delivery driver gets car nicked while he drops off curry in Glenfield
- 19:08 Thousands of asthma inhalers recalled in safety scare
- 19:07 Vegan brand CoYo recalls yoghurts after milk found
- 19:07 Have May and Blackford forgotten about Syria's jihadists?
- 19:05 School kids launch campaign to ban plastic straws in the UK
- 19:04 Northumberland County Council: Tories' first budget approved
- 19:03 Cough symptoms? FIVE natural ways to get rid of a dry or chesty cough
- 19:02 Bitcoin price news: Will BTC hit $12k this week after overnight...
- 19:00 Migration turning point? Illegal immigration to EU plummets by 60...
- 19:00 Real Madrid: Mohamed Salah and Eden Hazard swoop to prompt Marco...
- 18:58 MSPs told Creative Scotland is creating 'anxiety and distress'
- 18:58 Shape of Water: Is the fish monster real? Is it a true story?
- 18:57 Universities need to help poorer Scots pupils win places
- 18:56 Roberto Firmino cleared by FA over Mason Holgate racism allegations