'Success Regime does not have best interests of community at heart'
Hospital campaigners are backing a vote of no confidence in the Government’s Success Regime.
More than 1,200 have signed an online petition organised by the We Need West Cumberland Hospital group.
By signing, they are backing a vote of no confidence in the organisations behind controversial plans to overhaul the local NHS – including removing consultant-led maternity from Whitehaven.
The children’s ward, emergency health services, urgent stroke care and complex trauma are also under threat, as are beds at community hospitals across the area.
The plans have been widely criticised, with many... read more
- 04:21 Anti-Trump protester sparks CHAOS after using 'PEPPER SPRAY to...
- 04:15 Jesse Lingard reveals how Gareth Southgate's young England squad...
- 04:10 Chinese authorities block Sydney academic from boarding flight home
- 04:05 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 03:48 Vietnamese detainee dies in Japan's immigration centre - sources
- 03:48 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 03:47 Roadworks: What's happening in Leicester this week?
- 03:44 Thandie Newton joins cast of hit police drama Line Of Duty
- 03:44 Book by Auschwitz survivor tops German biography best-seller list
- 03:40 Norway boss Lars Lagerback gives thoughts on links to England job
- 03:36 EXCLUSIVE: Man City paying extraordinary amounts to keep Joe Hart...
- 03:34 Scarborough retailer prosecuted for selling e-cigarette to teenager
- 03:32 Night-time loo trips 'linked to salt in diet'
- 03:28 Can long-haul air travel also be low cost?
- 03:28 'We should not be the most backward country on maternity pay'
- 03:15 Guyana's transgender activists fight archaic law
- 03:15 The place where children can be very unlucky with their names
- 03:13 Coronation Street spoilers: Horror for Tracy Barlow as Amy...
- 03:13 Mud, sweat and cheers: The rise of obstacle course racing
- 03:11 Entertainment news round-up: 19-25 March
- 03:11 Line of Duty: All you need to know to get up to speed for series four
- 03:09 Art world's Welsh national gallery wish list
- 02:59 'Why is Gary Barlow wearing a suit made out of my gran's...
- 02:59 Nipping out for the evening! Braless Naomi Campbell, 46, stuns in a...
- 02:59 Stuck Right Now, Thank You Very Much! Geri Horner is left panic...
- 02:59 All Wright on the night! Former TOWIE star Jessica sizzles in...
- 02:59 Alesha Dixon puts on a seriously leggy display in olive green suit...
- 02:59 Megan McKenna reduced to tears as her relationship with Pete Wicks...
- 02:50 Jurgen Klopp can lead Liverpool to glory - Gary McAllister
- 02:48 National mortality statistics at health trust published