Substantial damages for child left with catastrophic injuries after meningitis
A child left with catastrophic injuries after surviving meningitis has received £1 million damages at the High Court.
Alice-Rose Lloyd, now seven years old, was so ill that an organ donation team was on standby because she was not expected to survive after meningococcal septicaemia struck in February 2010.
Alice-Rose, who lives with her parents, Phil and Jennifer, in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, has been left with brain damage and poor function in her right arm and leg after she suffered a major stroke.
In London, Judge Graham Wood approved a £1m settlement against the insurers of a GP who... read more
- 15:16 Thunderbirds flying high after title success
- 15:16 Jose Mourinho claims Liverpool have an ‘unfair’ advantage in...
- 15:15 Can you spot the venomous snake camouflaged amongst nature?
- 15:15 North Korean despot Kim Jong-Un’s nuclear tests could trigger...
- 15:15 North Cumbrian headteachers: Cash cuts are having devastating impact
- 15:15 Lancashire recommends.... independent jewellers
- 15:15 Hybrid ‘super-slugs’ are invading British gardens and we can’t stop...
- 15:14 Libyan wealth fund trial against SocGen to start in UK court
- 15:14 Amazon, Alphabet drive Nasdaq to record high
- 15:14 Syrian youth find freedom in Parkour
- 15:14 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:13 Go with the slow! Cambridge is named as having the slowest traffic...
- 15:13 This man has been crowned the best property dealmaker in Notts
- 15:13 Sheffield hospital trust launches new online disability access guide
- 15:13 Premier League stats: Who has scored the highest percentage of...
- 15:12 Slingsby visitors asked for straw poll on top scarecrows
- 15:12 VIDEO: The start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire
- 15:12 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:12 Sheffield hospital trust launches new online disability access guide
- 15:11 Amazon 'style assistant' divides opinion
- 15:11 Cousins who attacked man in Llanrwst caravan appear in court
- 15:10 Neighbours spoiler: Will Piper get sexually assaulted after tense...
- 15:09 QUICK QUIZ: Seven questions about the last seven days...
- 15:09 Tottenham v Arsenal: 11 players could miss north London derby
- 15:09 Four in hospital after van smashed into bus stop in Clydebank
- 15:09 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:09 Why parents could be entitled to a £2,000 windfall from the Government
- 15:09 Why your Vauxhall Zafira could be a fire risk - and how to check
- 15:09 Customers see their money disappear on Natwest banking app
- 15:09 Why you should never use these names for your children's 'privates'