Substantial damages for child left with catastrophic injuries after meningitis
A child left with catastrophic injuries after surviving meningitis has received £1 million damages at the High Court.
Alice-Rose Lloyd, now seven years old, was so ill that an organ donation team was on standby because she was not expected to survive after meningococcal septicaemia struck in February 2010.
Alice-Rose, who lives with her parents, Phil and Jennifer, in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, has been left with brain damage and poor function in her right arm and leg after she suffered a major stroke.
In London, Judge Graham Wood approved a £1m settlement against the insurers of a GP who... read more
- 19:40 Joey Barton: Suspended Rangers star emerges from showdown talks
- 19:40 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho is questioning himself... he knows the...
- 19:37 CCTV released of missing Joshua Smith in Stone as family urge...
- 19:35 UK Government denies ‘sweetheart deal’ with Nissan
- 19:34 Boxer Jon Slowey hit with three-year ban after testing positive for...
- 19:34 Hull City's Adama Diomande charged with violent conduct by the FA...
- 19:31 Newcastle has been voted the UK's friendliest city - but is it? See...
- 19:31 Non-league football: warning as Stapenhill aim to up pressure on...
- 19:31 Playwright Lee Hall hits out at decision that could see some of...
- 19:31 Non-league football: Rocester eye a place in the top half
- 19:31 'Selling the family silver' - Newcastle City Council slammed for...
- 19:31 Pressure grows on £200 million hospital cleaning firm
- 19:31 Non-league football: Practice makes perfect for Gresley
- 19:31 Non-league football: Wall rallying cry as Barton prepare to face...
- 19:31 Council home 'closed' to stop antisocial behaviour
- 19:31 Hockey: Barton 2nds do enough to defeat their local rivals
- 19:31 Rugby union: Burton aiming to chop down Oak
- 19:29 Red kite populations taking off slowly in the north due to killings
- 19:27 Government accused over 'chaotic' education policy after Bill dropped
- 19:27 Injected male contraceptive 'effective for 96% of couples'
- 19:27 French judge to investigate disappearance of Franco-Syrians in Syria
- 19:27 Missing man found 'safe and well'
- 19:27 Bayern Munich confident Robert Lewandowski will sign new bumper...
- 19:26 Chellaston's Andrew Smyth hints at well-earned hangover after Great...
- 19:26 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp believes Kevin Stewart is his side’s...
- 19:25 Dad and lad burglary team admit spate of break ins targeting 12...
- 19:23 CenturyLink nears deal to merge with Level 3: sources
- 19:23 Ford, GM pitch new strategies; Wall Street snubs them
- 19:21 Winning world title would fulfil "childhood dream" - Nico Rosberg
- 19:20 Queen's Medical Centre tram bridge approved by Nottingham City Council