Substantial damages for child left with catastrophic injuries after meningitis
A child left with catastrophic injuries after surviving meningitis has received £1 million damages at the High Court.
Alice-Rose Lloyd, now seven years old, was so ill that an organ donation team was on standby because she was not expected to survive after meningococcal septicaemia struck in February 2010.
Alice-Rose, who lives with her parents, Phil and Jennifer, in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, has been left with brain damage and poor function in her right arm and leg after she suffered a major stroke.
In London, Judge Graham Wood approved a £1m settlement against the insurers of a GP who... read more
- 15:38 Stingrays coaching pride
- 15:37 Mastercard £14bn 'overcharge' legal action fails
- 15:36 Barry Bennell sex abuse trial set for January
- 15:35 West Cumbrian band launch first album in 44 years
- 15:35 International street market starts in Workington
- 15:35 When was the first photo taken? And what was it of?
- 15:34 Antonio Conte: I told Diego Costa he could leave Chelsea in January
- 15:34 Arsenal offered Barcelona midfielder Rafinha - reports
- 15:33 Mum’s hilarious post about accidental flatulence during yoga will...
- 15:32 UEFA will make Celtic play behind closed doors if Green Brigade...
- 15:32 We don't want Birmingham's official traveller camp on the Bromford...
- 15:32 Is the Aston Martin Vanquish S Volante a fitting finale?
- 15:30 Tamworth staff 'owed wages and kept in the dark' over Store Twenty...
- 15:30 Chelsea eyeing Fernando Llorente transfer as Michy Batshuayi set to...
- 15:29 MP vows to take Warwick Road extra lane petition to Parliament
- 15:28 Thug found guilty of punching and kicking stepson, 5, to death for...
- 15:28 Moneysupermarket fined for sending seven million unwanted emails
- 15:27 MP vows to take Warwick Road extra lane petition to Parliament
- 15:27 The toddler with Albert Einstein hair! Mother spends two years and...
- 15:26 Roman Abramovich approves Nemanja Matic’s £50m Manchester...
- 15:25 Christian university turns down $3M to close LGBT group
- 15:24 Gemma Collins got confused for an NFL player after sporting the...
- 15:23 Rural Cheshire promoted as perfect spot for businesses to thrive
- 15:23 Loving dad moves his wedding ceremony forward so terminally ill son...
- 15:21 Moment hooded thief raids hair salon and steals 12 pairs of GHD...
- 15:21 Calls for toll free Humber Bridge as Severn Crossing fees abolished
- 15:20 This dad managed to film the wrong girl during daughter’s graduation
- 15:19 Korean military talks crumble when the North fails to turn up
- 15:19 Heartwarming moment Mickey Mouse tells two foster children they're...
- 15:19 Chelsea Transfer News: Morata passes medical, Zouma leaves, Dasilva...