'Substance' thrown in man and woman's face in Liverpool city centre
A 'substance' has been thrown in a man and woman's face in Liverpool city centre .
Police, firefighters, ambulances and the Environmental Protection Unit are currently at the scene at Hatton Gardens.
Merseyside Police confirmed a 19-year-old female and a 20-year-old male are being attended to by paramedics.
Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening with a Merseyside Police spokesman saying there was no 'serious indication of injury' at this time.
Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service and the Environmental Protection Unit are working at the scene to assess what the substance is and... read more
- 13:09 A contraceptive jab for men? Injection that lowers sperm count is...
- 13:09 Struggling to lose weight? Find a gym buddy: Friendly competition...
- 13:09 Will southern Spain become a DESERT? Experts predict global warming...
- 13:09 More than half of NHS mental health services fall below the...
- 13:09 Bags of talent at Hartlepool dance festival
- 13:09 Carer plans a heartwarming Hartlepool singalong
- 13:08 Homelessness bill would focus councils on prevention
- 13:08 Planned roadworks for Yorkshire for the week ahead
- 13:08 Seahouses pupils stand up to cancer
- 13:08 Further works on landslip-hit road
- 13:07 Warning over fake WhatsApp messages from Sainsbury’s and Topshop
- 13:07 GP swaps stethoscope for clarinet in European Doctors Orchestra
- 13:06 Has Sophie got the best job in the world?
- 13:05 Hartlepool man left partner bloody and beaten while baby slept...
- 13:05 SNP’s Paul Monaghan pays his brother Mark over 225 hours overtime
- 13:05 Memory match: PNE v Newcastle
- 13:04 Revised plans for controversial parking charges revealed
- 13:04 How dogs are really affected by fireworks – and what you can do to...
- 13:03 Dejan Lovren: This young star can be a top player for Liverpool
- 13:03 German watchdog to investigate February trades in Hugo Boss shares
- 13:02 309 registered sex offenders live in Scunthorpe
- 13:02 Stocks sag as bond 'bloodbath' shows no let up
- 13:02 Woman dies after car rolls onto its side during crash
- 13:02 Teenager 'found covered in blood' after Stratford Road knife attack
- 13:01 Court-free clickable bankruptcy 'removes stigma'
- 13:01 Attempted robbery at Ellesmere Port chemist by man believed to be...
- 13:00 Warning over fake WhatsApp messages from Sainsbury’s and Topshop
- 12:59 Fake WhatsApp messages from Sainsbury’s and Topshop
- 13:00 WADA president Craig Reedie says testing process did not undermine...
- 12:59 Firefighters rescue man trapped in home near Knaresborough after...