Sturgeon to link Brexit to austerity in London speech
Nicola Sturgeon is to make a speech in London linking the the Brexit vote to the UK government's austerity policies.
The first minister will tell the Institute of Directors that the vote to leave the EU was in part "borne of inequality" in communities UK-wide.
Theresa May has argued that the UK could thrive after leaving the EU by becoming a leader in free trade.
Welsh First Minister Carwyn Jones will also address the conference at the Royal Albert Hall via a video clip.
A senior government minister is expected to speak, as is former chancellor Norman Lamont, former Greek finance... read more
- 00:04 American wonderkid Will Vint agrees to join Manchester United...
- 00:00 Video refs could be rolled out for EFL Cup
- 00:00 Insightful explorations of science fiction’s lengthy coming of age
- 00:00 Boyd with confidence
- 00:00 Radicalism obscured in gloom
- 00:00 RLIF backs nines cup for 2019
- 00:00 Astle’s family calls for Taylor to quit
- 00:00 Boycott put on ice after players win
- 00:00 Another corporate attack is looming
- 00:00 Labour members should be free to criticise Israel
- 00:00 Time for claimants’ voices to be heard nationally
- 00:00 Unite against neoliberalism
- 00:00 Ukraine: Polish consulate ‘attacked by terrorists’
- 00:00 EU leaders left bitter by Brexit ‘divorce’
- 00:00 South Africa: Zuma stays away from Kathrada’s funeral
- 00:00 Hospital workers to strike over zero-hours
- 00:00 40% cuts to legal aid have reduced system to ‘carnage’
- 00:00 NHS activists protest in York against health cut
- 23:59 'A leg-breaker', a headbutt, four sent off and Hibs boss Neil...
- 23:53 Mary Berry’s new ‘home happiness’ book will reveal her top secret...
- 23:52 Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 UPDATE: New trailer announcement from EA
- 23:50 Turkey ends Euphrates Shield military campaign in Syria
- 23:46 Everton shouldn't blame James McCarthy for injury setback, insists...
- 23:46 Rangers have agreed £350,000 deal for Billy Gilmour with Chelsea if...
- 23:46 PFA Scotland chairman John Rankin warns Scottish football’s...
- 23:44 Neil Lennon accuses Morton player of trying to break Hibs star's...
- 23:41 Road too small for houses
- 23:41 “I get 250 smiles a day and it’s great”
- 23:41 Slimmer gets invitation to Parliament
- 23:39 US state department employee 'concealed contacts with China'