Stunning Jose Holebas strike gives Watford victory at struggling Middlesbrough
Jose Holebas' piledriver condemned Middlesbrough to a fourth defeat in five Premier League outings as Watford snatched a 1-0 victory they scarcely deserved.
The Greece international's 54th-minute strike was of stunning quality, but it came in stark contrast to much of what either side produced during a largely dour 90 minutes.
Middlesbrough created the better of what few opportunities there were and saw four penalty appeals rejected by referee Roger East, some of them with greater merit than others.
But ultimately they were made to pay for failing to produce enough in the final third as the... read more
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn: give Labour more time to develop appealing policies
- 00:01 Swedish MEP says Boris Johnson's liberation comment crossed 'red line'
- 00:01 EU nationals: have you applied for permanent residency? Share stories
- 00:01 What policies should Jeremy Corbyn's Labour pursue?
- 00:01 Dutch woman with two British children told to leave UK after 24 years
- 01:25 Holy Trinity! Kendall Jenner touches down in Paris dressed like...
- 00:01 Revealed: how US billionaire helped to back Brexit
- 01:25 10 questions we need answering after the return of Broadchurch...
- 00:01 Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media
- 00:01 Corbyn told: take blame for Copeland byelection flop or we face...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn told not to 'pass the buck' after Labour defeat
- 00:01 Lost: test results diagnosing Jeremy Hunt with terminal incompetence
- 00:01 London must remain open to the world
- 00:01 Be fierce, furious, and fight! Join the Raccoons of the Resistance!
- 00:01 Enough navel-gazing. It’s time Labour got back to work
- 00:01 Stoke shows how to destroy Ukip – split the alienated voters and...
- 00:01 The parallels between Scottish nationalism and racism are clear
- 00:01 George Freeman’s dismissal of anxiety is pig-ignorance and must be...
- 00:01 The Guardian view on George W Bush: a welcome return
- 00:01 The Guardian view on disability benefits: head versus heart
- 00:01 The Guardian view on management consultants: the trick is confidence
- 00:01 Article 50 day won't be cut-off date for EU migrants, No 10 suggests
- 00:01 Sir Gerald Kaufman obituary
- 00:01 Peter Hain: hard Brexit puts Northern Ireland peace process at risk
- 00:01 Gerald Kaufman’s stellar PMQs moment
- 00:01 Better election results ahead for the Green party?
- 00:01 EU urged to end cooperation with Sudan after refugees whipped and...
- 00:01 Don't threaten to cut intelligence ties in Brexit talks, UK warned
- 00:01 BBC orders investigation into claims of aggressive TV licence...
- 00:01 Tributes paid to 'iconic' Labour MP Sir Gerald Kaufman